Know Your Customer (KYC) Analyst - New York
What's the Role?
We have a very exciting opportunity for an Independent Contractor with experience in KYC and CDD to join on a project basis.
Tell Me More
Start date: November intakes
Duration: Until June 2019
Location: New York
You must have valid right to work in the United States of America.
Your day-to-day activities will include
- Gather, review and record KYC documentation and ensure paperwork is retained in line with company policy for client onboarding and/or CDD/EDD refresh of customer information.
- Conduct sanction and/or Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) screening and identify and investigate any risks.
- Apply diligence in reviewing files to identify deficiencies, discrepancies and omissions.
- Prepare investigation notes and clearly articulate method of investigation and details of relevant findings.
- Independently recommend escalation or case closure to Team Lead or client personnel.
- Develop and maintain productive and professional working relationships with colleagues and clients.
What Knowledge & Skills We Need
- Strong analytical skills to apply quantitative and qualitative research for each investigation.
- Excellent problem solving, issue resolution, research, writing, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and sound judgment are a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills to discuss progress and status (to both internal colleagues and external clients).
- Demonstrate organizational skills to multi-task multiple priorities.
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities as a result of change in project focus and/or shifting deadlines.
- Utilize surrounding resources such as technology to solve complex problems.
- Effective time management skills to develop and execute work plans within time constraints.
What Professional Experience We Need
- Bachelor's degree required, JD or Masters preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years of compliance experience in the banking industry, Foreign Banking Organization (FBO) experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (USA Patriot Act, AML, FFIEC - KYC, CDD/EDD).
- Exposure and/or working knowledge of various KYC systems used in the industry.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel (filtering, sorting, pivot tables), Internet search techniques.
- Written and verbal proficiency in the English language is required. Additional language proficiencies are a plus.
- CAMS certification is a plus.
Role: Know Your Customer (KYC) Analyst - New York
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.