Title: Pension Processor 2 Department: Pension
Reports to: Supervisor, Pension Location: Oak Brook, IL
Union: 1546 Grade: 22
FLSA: Non-exempt Hours per week: 40
Internal posting deadline: 3/17/21
Independently performs technical and administrative duties associated with the processing and verification of participants' retirement benefit inquiries and applications applying the rules and regulations of the plans. Researches issues and communicates with participants, beneficiaries, union representatives and other Zenith American Solutions' (ZAS) departments and financial institutions. Assists with special projects.
"Has minimum necessary access to Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) by Job Description/Role."
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- All Pension Processor (PP) 1 General Duties, plus:
- Prepare and write appeals based upon Pension Plan.
- Participate in special assignments, reporting and project work as required
- Assist in training and verifying work of the PP 1's and employers and the Social Security Administration to expedite processing.
- Initiate and prepare correspondence to participants, beneficiaries, employers and others regarding general account information, pension history, monthly retirement benefits, etc.
- Perform data entry and data correction tasks to update and correct member information. Update Pension data in Pension information systems.
- Consistently meet established performance standards.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year general office or pension plan administration experience preferred.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Solid organization skills with strong detail orientation and listening skills.
- Strong decision making, research and analytical abilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business materials, technical procedures, benefit plans and regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to type 35 WPM; proficient PC Skills, including MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to train and mentor other employees
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, propositions and percentages.
- Able to maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable federal and state law, it is the policy of Zenith American Solutions to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact the Recruiting Department at #removed#-american.com, and we would be happy to assist you.
ZAS's Mission, Vision & Values
As a member of the ZAS team, each employee agrees to embrace and live out the mission, vision and core values of ZAS. The values we live and work by are:
- We focus on relationships
- We take risks thoughtfully
- Ethical behavior
- Performance and accountability
- We strive to win, but not at all costs
Zenith American Solutions, Inc.
Real People. Real Solutions. National Reach. Local Expertise.
Zenith American Solutions, Inc. is the largest independent Third Party Administrator in the United States and currently operates over 44 offices nationwide. The original entity of Zenith American has been in business since 1944.
We believe the best way to realize our better systems for better service philosophy is to hire the best employees. We look for talented individuals who share our dedication to high-quality work, exceptional service and mutual respect. If you're interested in working in an environment where people - employees and clients - really matter, consider bringing your talents to Zenith American!
Internals to Apply:
If you meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please submit an application. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm on the Internal Posting Deadline in order to be considered prior to external applicants.
* Zenith American Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zenith does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, pregnancy, status as a parent, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Job Posted by ApplicantPro