Currently Templeton and Partners BV is looking for an IT Development Engineer to join one of our international clients for a position in Amsterdam, Netherlands of 6 months minimum with option of extension.
Templeton and Partners BV is looking for a strong and experienced IT Development Engineer you will establish vision and technical direction for major initiatives, through building large proportions of high quality and architecturally sound systems.
Some of your key activities will include
· You develop a deep understanding of trading, clearing, risk management and what the 'machine' is doing.
· You are not attached to tools and technologies, but you focus on solving problems.
· You are involved in the most complex challenges while questioning every assumption, involving fellow Engineers, Business partners and Researchers. This also means hands-on programming, testing and putting the new solutions into production.
· You bring clarity to complexity and demonstrate smart ways to simplify our ecosystem.
· Together with your team, you deliver value to the business partners, aiming for stakeholder satisfaction.
Our client is looking for you to have experience and skills in
· Java as the main programming language (building mid-to-large scale back end systems).
· Distributed memory stores, distributed caching and distributed databases (e.g. Infinispan, Redis, Cassandra, Ignite, Hazelcast, etc.).
· Messaging and streaming (e.g. Kafka, JMS).
· Kubernetes, Docker, Linux as the runtime platform. Ideally a candidate would have