Job Title: Supply Chain Management Intern
Reports To: General Manager
You will spend your time ensuring projects and jobs have the appropriate amount of raw material and hardware needed to properly hit production schedules. What is appropriate? Well therein lies the art; not so little as to cause a line-down but not so much that the material is rusting away, unjustly tying up free cash flow, or simply taking up space. If you don't already possess the skills of conducting a JIT orchestra, you'll certainly develop them in this position.
· Manage material requirements through a combination of MRP and Spreadsheets.
· Keep in close and constant contact with the production floor, Purchasing, and Project Management to ensure all is well and under control.
· Adjust delivery schedules with vendors, communicate problems, and escalate unresolvable issues.
· Responsibilities to be added after having proven competency of the above, will include sourcing and negotiating.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Currently enrolled in a 4 year college and in your junior or senior year of course work.
· A master of the written and spoken word.
· Strong computer skills.
· Experience with ERP/MRP systems a plus.
· Very strong teamwork, communication and people skills. No politicians, no shitty attitudes.
ORGANIZATION'S VALUES AND CULTURE:
We are a $40MM job shop/contract manufacturer established in 1964 that serves the ruthless and uncompromising high tech Bay Area customer by providing everything they want when they want it. We've nearly quadrupled in size over the last 7 years through great customer service and engineering support. Supply chain management is an area of growing importance within the organization creating a rare opportunity for you to make a profound impact from an entry level position.
Role: Supply Chain Management Intern
Apply for this job now.