PCS is seeking a strong, independent Outside Sales Associate for its San Diego location. The Outside Sales Associate will be responsible for driving new business and fostering new customers by cold calling from a range of accounts within the construction industry. Products will encompass the best in the industry, such as: Greenlee, Dewalt, Ridgid, Knaack, Milwaukee, Makita, DBI/Sala, Guardian, and Werner.
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities
· Under the direction of Outside Sales, driving new business and fostering new customers by cold calling, networking, executing innovative sales strategies, negotiating, and closing deals.
· Maintaining positive customer relations and assuring customer satisfaction on existing accounts; maintaining accurate customer records.
· In collaboration with Outside Sales, creating and maintaining a weekly customer visitation schedule to assure customer expectations are being met or exceeded.
· Field customer inquiries, producing quotes and writing sales orders in NetSuite as needed.
· Delivering promotional flyers to customers.
· Undergoing extensive training on products and fall protection to develop and maintain product knowledge. Product lines include, but are not limited to: Greenlee, Dewalt, Ridgid, Knaack, Milwaukee, Makita, DBI/Sala, Guardian, and Werner.
· Performing fall protection courses and certifications as needed.
· Managing sales goals, providing regular reports on progress and client contact.
· Promptly completing administrative duties, including but not limited to: sales plans, sales reports, expense reports, daily call logs, new sales goals, product availability, and financial reports.
· Actively and enthusiastically participating in team initiatives. Weekly walkthrough of showroom to review new products, catalogs, and updated information from vendors is required.
· Participate in regular training sessions to understand new merchandise, industry meetings, and participate in trade shows.
· Managing emergency deliveries for customers as directed.
· Adherence to all company policies, including safety and core values, which are of the utmost importance to the organization.
· At least 1-2 years of sales experience, preferably in the construction industry.
· Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, well organized.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Ability to negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Enthusiasm for working in an organization where flexibility and teamwork are absolute necessities.
· Valid driver’s license in state of employment. Ability to drive company vehicle with good driving record. Must be bondable by company insurance.
· Travel required: 75% to 100%. Some overnight travel is required.
· Proficiency with excel and power point.
· Bachelors in Business Management or Finance Management is a plus.
PCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug-free workplace.
Background check and drug screening are required prior to employment.
Please include salary history when applying.
Professional Contractor Supply is one of the fastest-growing industrial tool and supply companies in the country, with roots in the industry for the past 20 years. PCS is passionate about providing the best construction supplies at the most competitive prices, with a world-class customer service philosophy.
Role: Outside Sales Associate
Location: San Diego,
Apply for this job now.