Lloyds is transforming and needs curious minds to help define and influence that change. We're looking for people with new perspectives and the confidence to share them, so come and join us.
This role is architecture role in the Digital Office, reporting to the Head of Digital Architecture. This is central to the delivery of the future of the Lloyds and delivery capabilities within the Digital domain.
The role is accountable for the definition and application of software development practices to support the delivery of digital channels offerings to the Market and the public as part of the transformation of Lloyds described in The Future at Lloyds
- Contribute to the definition of the Corporations enterprise architectural vision, and ensure that solutions fulfil and align with that strategic vision.
- Evangelise a cloud-first approach.
- Design effective solutions that address those business needs and ensure that solutions continue to align to business goals as they evolve and develop.
- Continually challenge team practices to embed those that better align with software development principles
- Work alongside the Digital architects, technical leads and team managers to help define and shape the technology roadmaps for Digital, ensuring this is aligned with other related roadmaps that feed into the Digital Strategy.
- Drive the adoption of test-driven and behaviour-driven development frameworks, along with continuous delivery and automation testing.
- Ensure the quality of code is met through the use of unit, integration and acceptance testing and perform appropriate tuning/refactoring to ensure the system performs to its specification
- Take a hands-on development role on projects; designing, coding, testing and implementing new functionality embracing a continuous delivery mind-set.
- Conduct and promote the use of peer reviews to provide feedback to developers within the team.
- Maintain familiarity and continue to learn a wide range of relevant and suitable application development tools and techniques. Use this knowledge to advise the Corporation on current and future trends and anticipate changes in the direction that Digital should take.
- Demonstrable experience in developing policies, standards, best practices and procedures related to the product/service architecture&delivery domain.
- Service-oriented, message-based, asynchronous and legacy architectures.
- Experience of using safe to fail experimentation to test hypotheses
- Understanding and application of continuous integration, continuous delivery and test automation.
- Ability to facilitate discussion and find alternative or different approaches to problems.
- Customer-centric approach to delivering and managing products and projects
- Knowledge and understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).,Test Driven Development (TDD) and Domain Driven Design (DDD).
- Comfortable with ambiguity, lack of detail and can develop concepts
- Foster an environment of collaboration, motivating project teams to share information
- experience, engendering cross-discipline interaction.
- Detail-oriented, curious and inquisitive
- Working as part of a collaborative, self-organising agile team
- Familiarity with a variety of Agile delivery frameworks e.g. Scrum, Kanban, DSDM
- Design thinking, customer journeys&user experience
- Implementation of agile techniques in problem solving at scale
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, and an enviable range of benefits.
Realise your professional ambitions as part of an organisation that is trusted to solve some of the worlds most complex problems in an environment that puts a focus on investing in human progress.
Please be aware that the recruitment process will comprise of a number of steps, your CV will be reviewed by our Recruitment team and if successful you will be invited to attend a telephone interview, followed by a more in-depth video interview. We want to make sure we do all we can to make this a really positive experience for you.
Please click the following link which will take you through a simple process to identify any adjustments or additional support we can provide beforehand or on the day.
Please note, clicking on this link does not register your application for the vacancy