Are you a teacher looking for your next role? We are looking for Team Teach Trained Teacher to work in an SEMH School in Grantham.
This Specialist SEMH School that cater for students between 5 - 16 is based in Grantham and is part of a large multi academy trust.
The curriculum they provide boasts a holistic, bespoke, and creative theme which is tailored to meet the social and academic needs of their pupils. Visiting this school, you will find experienced, passionate and team orientated staff along with pupils who are inspired to learn.
Within this role you will be working with children who need additional support. This includes children with physical disabilities, learning, emotional, behavioural or communication difficulties, conditions such as autism, dyspraxia, dyslexia and ADHD, sensory impairments (for example, visual impairment), sensory processing disorder, and mental health issues.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing programmes of learning activities
- Teaching these students as either individuals, or in small groups, both inside and outside the class.
- Planning, preparing and researching lessons
- Preparing resources and lessons: this can mean using special equipment, facilities and resources or adapting current resources.
- Making use of special facilities and/or equipment
- Contact and teaching time with students on an individual, class or small group basis
- Adapting conventional teaching methods and creating individual learning plans to meet the needs of students
- Attending statutory annual reviews, training events and other relevant meetings to keep up with the latest SEN developments e.g. Looked After Child (LAC) reviews.
- Liaising with parents, external agencies and a range of other professionals, such as speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists
- Writing reports
- Coordinating the work of support staff
- Organising activities outside of school such as community visits, school trips or sporting events.
Click apply now for more information