Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics is looking for a Desktop Support Specialist to join our Information Technology team!
At Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics we don’t just care for smiles, we create them.
We believe when kids grow up enjoying the dentist, healthy teeth and gums will follow. So we’ve set up a different kind of dental practice that delivers fun, not fear.
Our caring, high-energy team values the opportunity to work hard and help each child realize a lifetime of happy smiles.
As the key driver of our mission—to give every kid a healthy smile—our staff exhibits a genuine love of children and teeth. A good fit for our culture means you are also honest, playful, lighthearted, approachable, hardworking, and compassionate.
Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics is a northern California based practice that offers comprehensive services including preventive dental care, orthodontics and oral surgery for every gap-toothed, mischievous, silly, giggly smile. Our company sees only private-pay and PPO insured patients in beautiful private offices. Our staff enjoys competitive compensation and group benefits including group health, dental, vision, life/AD&D and a 401(k) savings plan.
Scope & Responsibilities:
Provides both remote and on-site technical support at the desktop level. Troubleshoots and resolves both hardware and software issues regarding: network connectivity, printer and PC issues.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to perform administrative and technical functions and activities to effectively support the delivery of Information Technology (IT) providing technical support and consultation for desktop problems by investigating and asking appropriate questions to support end-user needs.
- Organizes, prioritizes and handles administrative matters and ensures that activities/projects are implemented as required. Demonstrates skills to complete activities within established timeframes.
- Resolves operational problems/issues.
- Acts as liaison between users and Information Technology to promote and integrate Information Services through communication, cooperation and collaboration.
- Keeps Supervisor informed of any issues/concerns which require intervention.
- Supports computer users with installation of hardware/software and networking components to meet personal computer needs and to ensure users are able to meet their business needs in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with individual or multiple computer systems in order to maintain proper functioning; resolves issues including contacting and assisting vendors.
- Escalates unresolved problems to the appropriate personnel to ensure the overall qualityof information service delivery is being maintained at all times.
- Follows up to ensure that the service was performed successfully.
- Prepares and maintains required reports, records, logs and files for operational, administrative and compliance purposes.
- Assists in the design and development of standardized operational management reports in order to identify issues or monitor computers.
- Ensures data entered into logs/records/are files is accurate.
- Researches, analyzes and provides hardware/software quotations, ordering information, and other purchasing information to users to assist in purchasing necessary equipment.
- Serves as administrative liaison. Works collaboratively with PSO and practice staff and others in a customer responsive/ professional manner, in compliance with Kids Care Dental and Orthodontic standards and promoting patient/customer satisfaction.
- Answers inquiries and resolves operational programs; communicates and interprets policies, procedures and standards of practices to promote an understanding and provide quality information systems.
- Assists with care and maintenance of company equipment.
- Monitors equipment and takes corrective action to ensure the integrity of the equipment and avoid downtime.
- Reports malfunction of equipment to supervisor.
- Ensures that required documentation on testing and inspections of equipment is available for review and prepared in a timely, clean and concise manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of information collected and reported in accordance with HIPAA/compliance policies and procedures.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements. Responds to problems/opportunities to improve work environment and participates in unit based performance improvement activities which includes committees, monitoring and follow-up.
- Provides coverage for relief and absences within department. Demonstrates flexibility to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays to maintain departmental coverage.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Role: Desktop Support Specialist
Location: Rancho Cordova,
Apply for this job now.