Work as a member of a multidisciplinary team in providing psychiatric care as a consultant to primary care teams. Serve as initial contact for consultation request by primary care. Work collaboratively with staff as requested, providing liaison activities such as educational offerings, assistance with behavioral management of patients, and clinical review. Assist in coordinating care as needed after consult with primary care. Provides short term therapy for patients with mental health and/or addiction disorders.
- Collaborates with Virtual Command team to facilitate the management of complicated mental health cases.
- Consultation with multidisciplinary treatment team members in primary care and behavioral health.
- Provides psychosocial assessments and treatment to patients, may provide brief interventions utilizing evidence-based techniques such as behavioral activation, motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral techniques.
- Provides education and support to patents and their families to encourage compliance with medical and behavioral regimes.
- Assists with assessment and treatment of behavioral issues in the ambulatory setting, including consultation.
- Maintains effective communications with staff and primary care physicians related to patient’s psychosocial and psychiatric needs.
- Documentation consistent with established policy and procedures to create a permanent patient record.
- Assists, and serves as a resource to the case management team with referring to treatment or community agencies as appropriate.
- Provides individual, family and group therapy as appropriate to setting.
- Collaborates with virtual consult team to facilitate the management of complicated mental health cases.
- Consultation with multidisciplinary treatment team members in all areas of the organization on the assessment, treatment and discharge planning of patients with mental health problems.