Location: Lowton, WA3
Who are we?
Bibby Distribution Ltd has been operating under the Bibby Line Group umbrella since 1985 servicing household names from over 40 ocations across the UK.
We're proud to be powered by our people -they're the heart of our success. A family owned business dating back over 200 years, we have a vibrant mix of colleagues up and down the country. From drivers, walkers, hikers, swimmers, runners, painters, singers and everything in between! Living our values by 'Working Together' and 'Trusting Each other' means that you are bound to meet people who will become friends along the way.
A bit about the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport Planner to join our team, based at our office in Lowton. Based on a 50 hour week you'll be responsible for arranging the delivery of the customer's product on time and in full using the most cost effective means possible and best use of available resources, whilst complying with Transport Legislation and Health & Safety.
The training for this role will be held at our depot in Ellesmere Port, then permanently based in Lowton.
You'll also be maximizing the utilization of the Bibby Fleet through efficient planning of deliveries and collections as well as maximized utilization of Bibby drivers in line with current driver's hours and WTD legislation.
A day in the life as a Transport Planner for Bibby Distribution might look like:
- Plan all relevant customer deliveries utilizing the software available at site to ensure delivery windows are met.
- Liaise with the Driver in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- Liaise with the Customer in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- Develop back haul lanes with both BDL depots and 3rd party customers whilst maintaining fleet utilization.
- Source local agency drivers as and when required (in conjunction with our PSL) providing an accurate brief of job required.
- Source local sub-contractors as and when required.
- Complete a late load report in line with operational requirements and deadlines.
- Ensure loads meet safety standards.
- Manage the Drivers ensuring start times are adhered to
- Pre-Brief Drivers to ensure that they fully understand their instructions.
- De-Brief Drivers upon their return to ensure that all documentation has been completed correctly.
- Manage WTD Compliance
- Download Driver cards for analysis
- Comply with all Transport legislation reducing tachograph infringements to below the company target and adhering to WTD regulations.
- Conduct regular meetings/ reviews including probation assessments and return to work interviews.
- Ensure compliance with Agency Driver checklist.
- Communicate routes to and liaise with other Bibby Depots
- Record trailer information on all inbound/outbound deliveries and stand trailers.
- Administration of run shifts (file/ update globally)
- Fully understand agreed KPI's for Department
- All other transport office related duties
What will make you a great fit for this role?
- Experience of working in a busy Transport office
- Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation
- IT literate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Commercial understanding
- Knowledge of transport systems
- Team Player