Our client is an innovative market leading PE backed business services organisation, with turnover approaching £200m. They are looking to recruit an ambitious Financial Controller to partner the Chief Financial Officer and work with the PE investors. The successful candidate will need the experience to create a “first in-class” finance function and be keen to part of an exit driven agenda. Fundamental to success in the role is the ability to get to the root cause of an issue as well as being able to mentor, develop and engage the wider finance team. This key leadership role has end to end ownership of all areas of finance and would suit an experienced finance professional looking for PE and transaction experience, building on their experience to equip them for a CFO role.
- Work with the CFO to evolve the vison for Finance and deliver and lead a best-in-class finance capability
- Continue to develop the recently implemented Financial system to ensure it provides high quality information, is fully optimised at the transactional and reporting levels and meets audit requirements
- Manage the operational financial risk of the company through appropriate policy control, monitoring and process & data flow solutions
- Ensure the financial data set is rigorously controlled through key reconciliations review
- Communicate financial matters and business with clarity and transparency
- Provide visible and proactive leadership of the finance team to ensure a highly engaged and motivated workforce
- Work with the CFO and Head of Financial Planning to address investor requests and provide robust data to enable commercial insight and analysis
- Build strong relationships with external stakeholders including auditors and banks
- Bring energy, vision and leadership to the organisation
Qualifications & experience
- Qualified accountant (ideally top 10 ACA) with relevant previous experience running a finance team and partnering with the business.
- You must possess excellent people management and interpersonal skills coupled with high EQ.
- Experience in having upskilled and professionalised a finance function, including IT systems and processes, in a high growth business.
- Highly motivated self-starting individual with experience of working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- The successful individual will display strong personal maturity, have demonstrable ability to both prioritise and delegate
- Strong all-round ability with sharp intellect, visible work ethic, drive, ambition, resilience and infectious energy
- Oracle Netsuite experience desirable
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.