Join the Easterseals Blake Foundation team today! We offer paid training, competitive wages, excellent benefits, and a reliable work schedule. Benefits we offer but not limited to: Sick Time, PTO, Health, Dental and Retirement. We're following all CDC guidelines and providing the necessary PPE for the safety of our employees.
General Position Description: The Therapist position reports to the BH Clinical Supervisor and is responsible for providing outpatient behavioral health treatment services to AHCCCS-eligible children, their families, and and/or adults. The Therapist provides behavioral and crisis management services to Easter Seals Blake Foundation (ESBF) members that include individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, case management, and assessment. The Therapist works as part of a treatment team by participating in a member's on-going treatment planning process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (with or without accommodation):
- Use best practice protocols in all therapeutic interventions: Utilizing evidence-based practice, determine appropriate therapeutic modality for each client (e.g., Parent-Child Relationship Therapy, Play-Based Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, etc.)
- Provides ongoing in-home, office-based, and/or community-based individual and/or group treatment, education and support to members and their family as indicated on the member's service plan.
- Develops treatment team recommendations for follow-up support and services.
- Provide effective crisis assessment and intervention including arranging for emergency psychiatric evaluation/hospitalization as indicated.
- Attends and participates in team meetings, clinical staffings (as needed), court hearings, and other meetings relevant to meeting the treatment needs of members.
- Use knowledge and skill in assessment and diagnosis utilizing ICD-10 criteria. Utilize DC 0-5 to provide diagnoses or diagnostic impressions for children aged birth to five.
Utilize DSM-V to provide diagnoses or diagnostic impressions for children and adults.
- Maintain clinical records in a timely manner according to standards.
- Meet all initial and annual training requirements.
- Actively participates in the member's/family's Child and Family Team (CFT) or Adult Recovery Team (ART).
- Maintains member records in accordance with requirements set forth by the ESBF, ADHS, the RHBA and other funding sources.
- Completes progress notes using the appropriate covered service billing codes and writes comprehensive and timely reports as required by funding source and/or system partners.
- Provide testimony in court, as required
- Meet requirements of productivity standards set for therapists
- Any other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills (with or without accommodation):
- Knowledge and understanding of the current DSM and relevant diagnosis for the population served.
- Ability to accurately read, record and interpret information, including assessments, measures, and diagnostic criteria.
- Demonstrates clinical competency in accordance with standards for the position.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with well-developed problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Strong organization, time management and project management and multitasking skills.
- Skill in using business software and electronic health records.
- Knowledge of cultural differences and implications for appropriate services.
- Knowledge of the behavioral health system in Arizona.
- Must be able to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as face mask, gown, goggles, and gloves, for any amount of time necessary to provide a physical barrier to protect the employee and others.
- Must be able to walk, run, climb, stoop, kneel, sit, stand, reach, stretch, bend, squat.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to remain calm, non-defensive with a supportive attitude during stressful, potential crisis, and crisis situations.
- Must be able to work in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. The types of situations that may be encountered, particularly when children and adults are involved, cause emotional stress.
- Must be able to manage high volumes and unpredictability of work.
- Must be able to remain flexible and reprioritize according to the changing demands of the day.
- Must be able to manage stress in a fast - paced, unpredictable, and high intensity setting.
- Must be able to represent EBF in a professional manner in all situations.
- Must be able to maintain professional relationships with colleagues.
- Must be in compliance with all EBF and regulatory requirements.
Minimum Educational and Certification Requirements:
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related behavioral health field.
- Two years related experience with birth to 5 preferred.
- Associate Level License according to Arizona State requirements as a Behavioral Health Professional; or Master's Level Therapist with the ability to obtain an associate license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must possess valid Arizona Driver's License and have a clean Motor Vehicle Report for the last 3 years.
- Valid Arizona driver's license and the willingness to use personal vehicle in the course of employment. Must meet minimum requirements of agency insurance carrier.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
Easterseals Blake Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is understood and agreed that any misrepresentation by me in this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this application and/or separation from the Employer's service if I have been employed. I give the Employer the right to investigate all references and to secure additional information about me, if job related. I hereby release from liability the Employer and its representatives for seeking such information, and all other persons, corporations, or organizations for furnishing such information. I hereby consent to and authorize Easterseals Blake Foundation to request, receive and use information as often as necessary as deemed by Easterseals Blake Foundation by consumer reporting agency bearing on my credit standing, character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living, including, but not limited to, my criminal background or lack of criminal background. I authorize the use by Easterseals Blake Foundation of the original or photocopy of this authorization. The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant's consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. I understand that just as I am free to resign at any time, the Employer reserves the right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of the Employer has the authority to make any assurances to the contrary.