Our company is currently seeking a Receptionist/AP Clerk to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and examining financial records for our company.
The Receptionist/Accounts Payable Clerk provides support and assistance throughout many aspects of the office. This position fields phone calls and receives and directs visitors to the office by utilizing excellent customer service skills and professionalism. This position is also responsible for processing invoices received for payment, handling payment status, balancing statements, and releasing checks to vendors after receiving required documents.
1. Answer and redirect phone calls to appropriate parties.
2. Greet and direct visitors of the company.
3. Release payments after verifying invoices with accurate supplier information.
4. Create and distribute Close-out Manuals for jobs on a need-to-need basis.
6. Perform job and invoice filing throughout the office.
7. Receive, sort, and distribute mail.
8. Maintain and replenish office supplies.
9. Process all incoming vendor invoices for payment and handle any payment status questions/resolve discrepancies from vendors.
10. Collect required documents (waivers, warranties, and O&M’s) to release subcontractor checks as well as enter them in the system.
11. Match checks with invoices and email check information to vendors. Follow up with vendors about required documents to release checks.
12. Balance discount/non-discount vendor statements and request any missing invoices from the vendors to promptly resolve payment.
13. Resolve accounts payable pending requests from accounts receivables to get outstanding invoices to be paid.
14. Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to vendors.
Leadership Skills and Characteristics:
- Effective communication.
- Maintains strong relationships within and outside of the organization.
- Is process-oriented and highly detailed.
- Highly organized.
- Timely follow-up.
- Effective time management skills.
- Team collaboration skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Accounts Payable experience.
- Hands-on experience with office machines (phone systems, fax machines, printers, etc.).
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Data entry skills.
- Customer service orientation skills.
- Understanding and proficiency in MS Office and Accounting Software.
Commercial Construction Company Specializing in all aspects of construction, including tenant improvements, medical, ground up, industrial.
Role: Receptionist/AP Clerk
Apply for this job now.