Business Group HighlightsNavy Marine Corps
The Navy Marine Corps business group provides end-to-end IT solutions to the Department of the Navy including transport, networking, end user hardware and services, cybersecurity and staffing. Using agile engineering and DevOps methods, we produce mission-specific solutions to solve the Fleet's challenges.Responsibilities
Perspecta is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for various future opportunities in New Orleans, LA.
In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, completing or updating your profile will allow us to evaluate your qualifications and interests and will allow us to stay connected.
We are looking for Systems Administrators to join the Perspecta team in New Orleans, LA.
Under minimal direction, coordinates operational designs, develops support plans, coordinates implementations, and provides second level support for Local Area Network (LAN), Campus Area Network (CAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN) solutions encompassing heterogeneous platforms.Qualifications
Education and Experience Required:
- Develops system support requirements by reviewing and analyzing customer business processes and evaluating available ES and/or supplier capabilities.
- Supports project teams in implementing new or upgraded designs and coordinates project efforts with support groups.
- Creates plans that support implementation of changes. Participates in system support design and performance evaluation reviews.
- Advises on distributed network computing issues.
- Monitor and maintains security and integrity standards and controls.
- Assists in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and network configurations based on customer need.
- Coaches others in the application of new operational support technologies.
- Analyzes user requirements and statistics to identify trends and resolve performance issues.
- Coordinates and approves updates of the site administration documentation.
- Keeps abreast of emerging operational support technologies and industry trends. Recommends appropriate price/performance improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master's degree in related field.
- 5-9 Years' experience
- Minimum of 8570 IAT LII certification (ie Sec+ CE)
- Minimum of a DoD Secret Clearance or ability to obtain clearance.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) - provided by Dice