The Office & Operations is in Bristol, Indiana. The person for this role will live near this area.
Who We Are:
Brinco Manufacturing Incorporated is a start-up Steel Manufacturing company looking to provide innovative high-quality products to their customers. Start your meaningful career today with a company that cares about their team, customers and their social responsibilities! Do you want to be a part of a start-up operation with excellent foundational support, where you can make a contribution, add value and help create a great company?
Then, Brinco has a place for you!
What We Offer:
- Safety 1st Organization with a fun, collaborative, and caring work environment
- Onsite fitness
- Onsite cafeteria
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Employee assistance program and education assistance
- Competitive pay practices
- Comprehensive health & wellness programs
- Best practice paid time off policies and holiday pay
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference
What You'll Do:
As the Maintenance Associate, you will perform basic/general equipment and facility maintenance activities to ensure a safe and continual operation within the facilities.
- Assists the Maintenance team with preventative & predictive maintenance, repairs, and improvements for production equipment and facility operations to ensure safe, effective and efficient operations.
- Assists the Maintenance team with light and/or basic troubleshooting activities of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic equipment within the facilities including presses, shears, laser, overhead cranes, electrical systems, as well as air and water lines, ensuring safe, timely resources or repair are complete to minimize downtime.
- Performs facility/building maintenance to provide a safe, clean, and functional area.
- Maintains positive relationships and interfaces with a variety of personnel throughout the company to provide optimal support.
- Participates in Lean Initiatives and implements enhancements to continuously improve the areas.
- Assists in the management of work orders in a high-quality and efficient way, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Education: High School diploma with specialized training or coursework in Industrial Maintenance helpful
- Experience: 2+ years of maintenance experience within a production environment; will train the right person
- Certification(s): N/A
- Functional Skills: Above average mechanical aptitude with the ability to learn general mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatics, PLC controls, robotics, plumbing, carpentry, and HVAC systems. Prior experience with forklifts and overhead cranes is important, as well as some knowledge of safety requirements in the maintenance field is also important. Ability to read prints and understand schematics is also needed for this role. The position also requires a solid problem-solver; someone who pays close attention to detail and has the ability to plan, prioritize & utilize time efficiently. Some understanding of ISO/Quality Systems, Safety, Lean thinking, and 5S helpful.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Basic PC skills, with the ability to learn Autocad and ERP systems would be helpful
- Language Skills: Good written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership/Behaviors: Ability to work independently and is safety-minded to create and maintain a safety culture within the building, quality driven/focused; collaborative; solid communicator; someone who is flexible, agile and able to move from project to project or Shift effectively to meet production goals and support a startup operation.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Respectful, honest, and steady personality who handles situations with optimism yet holds people accountable; good listener who can be flexible and invoke great ideas to make the best decisions and agile to move from project to project, or department, to help the organization grow and develop.
Other Important Information:
Pay Programs: Pay is commensurate with proven expertise!
- And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Core Hours: Day Shift: 6:00 am - 2:30 pmAfternoon Shift: 2:00 pm -10:30pm Night Shift: 10 pm - 6:30 am
Typical Work Week: M-F; some weekends required; 45 50 hours a week on average.
Direct Reports: N/A; Works with other departments as needed.
Work Conditions: Heavy manufacturing environment; heat in the winter, semi-controlled temperature in the summer, PPE, Metatarsal steel-toed shoes required, safety glasses, hard hat, ear plugs, moving mech equip., around welding, etc.