Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £50,000 - £58,000 per annum
Are you a Senior Project Manager experienced in overseeing and the delivery of medium to large engineering projects?
Do you have experience within the nuclear sector OR another heavily regulated industry?
Are you experienced in projects, programme and contracts management?
If so, read on this may be the perfect role for you..
Reed Engineering are currently working with our client who is a successful, well-established, and growing engineering company. They are specialists within the design and build of special purpose bespoke industrial equipment for use in a highly regulated environment. They are an industry leading company who offer the chance work on exciting projects and excellent opportunities for career progression
As the Senior Project Manager, you will be the client’s key point of contact and you will be responsible for the delivery of complex engineering projects. This will include project and contract management, scheduling, cost control, resourcing & resource management, procurement and project quality assurance. Responsibilities will encompass all processes within the company from the tendering stage, delivery through management of budgets, management of teams, technical requirements, planning and project reporting.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with the client thereby ensuring their expectations are understood and met
- Identify opportunities for further work through discussions with the client
- Identify any changes in the scope of the project and control changes to programme and order value
- Understand and manage all risks associated with projects
- Ensuring project forecast reports and plans are in accordance with company processes and procedures
- Prepare resourced programmes and work plans to accomplish project
- Management of allocated resources to project phases
- Ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Support engineers with technical advice to resolve problems
- Responsible for overall quality and management of projects and programs
- Manage budget and ensure financial accountability on nominated projects
- Recognize and solve potential problems and evaluate project effectiveness
- Support the Project Director networking with agencies for future program development
- Chartered or Degree within a relevant engineering or project management discipline
- Ability to manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve goals
- Extensive project and programme & contract management experience - 10 years
- Experience working within a heavily regulated industry - 5 years
- Experience with NEC3 forms of contract is preferred
- Experience of working with Protectively Marked Information an advantage
- Excellent reporting & communication skills
- Use of computer software including MS Project, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Personable and able to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Structured, concise and methodical
- Smart appearance and able to interface with people at all levels
- Competitive salary dependant on skills and experience
- £5,000 Car allowance
- 25 days Annual holiday plus Bank Holidays & other holiday benefits
- Opportunities for career progression
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible working
- Relocation package
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and you have the required experience, please apply with your up to date CV right away.