$52000.00 to $62000.00 yearly
If you're looking to further your career as a Staff Accountant, the innovative team at Robert Half is currently offering a full-time opportunity in the Utilities/Infrastructure industry that you might be interested in. As Staff Accountant, you will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. Throughout the monthly close, you will also be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will review schedules for the reporting processes, take part in compliance, and interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. This position plays an intricate part in producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This company, based in the Escondido, California area, offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
What you get to do every day
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Produce analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for reporting by management
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Organize and review a variety of financial data, reporting it in a way that is useful and understandable
- Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- Partake in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls while ensuring that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- In-depth knowledge of reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Compose thorough journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Regular maintenance and reconciliation of journal entriesJob Requirements:
- 2+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience preferred
- Journal entries experience preferred
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in ERP systems
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Remarkable analytical, quantitative and social skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.