Closing Date- 8th January 2021
An exciting position has become available for a Support Worker, working 18 hours per week to join a friendly team based in Rotherham. The successful candidate will earn a salary of £18,375 (Pro Rata) progressing to £19,346 (pro rata) on satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period assessment. A further increase after 1 year of service to £20,428 (Pro rata). Other benefits include membership of the Westfield healthcare scheme; 28 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays (Pro rata).
- Experience of providing a service to vulnerable groups
- Experience of delivering life skills
- Ability to prepare accommodation for re-let and assist clients to maintain their rooms
- Ability to record client notes on an I.T system and verbally communicate handover to colleagues
- Assist clients when moving in, or out.
- Clean and prepare rooms
- Assist client to prepare meals and learn new skills
- Assess the circumstances, aspirations and needs of each client
- Support the client to enable them to develop their skills for independent living
- Assist clients to maximise their income and to manage their personal budgets.
- Support clients to understand their rights and responsibilities under their occupancy agreements.
- Support and motivate clients, encouraging them to achieve personal goals.
- Record accurate client data and key notes according to Data Protection regulations
- Assist clients with their benefit claims where necessary.
- Monitor clients' compliance with their occupancy agreements and take action to resolve non-compliance issues, informing line manager of serious breaches.
- Where appropriate, help clients with budgeting and liaise on their behalf.
- Liaise with Rotherham Homeless department, Registered Social Landlords and Private Landlords to ensure Move-on accommodation.
- Assist in the delivery and development of client activities.
- Provide cover for absent colleagues as directed.
- Attend and participate in training sessions or activities as required.
- Participate in team meetings and supervision as required,
- Perform other such duties as may be required to further aims of Target Housing within the Health and Safety requirements.
- Adhere to all of Target Housing's policies and procedures in particular our Equal Opportunities, Confidentiality and Health and Safety policies.
- Carry out other such duties as directed by senior managers as appropriate to the aims of Target Housing.
Company + Benefits
Our Client provide accommodation and support to vulnerable and homeless people who have difficulties sustaining a tenancy. This includes people with complex needs, offenders, those at risk of offending, asylum seekers and people with mental health problems.
The company understand the issues facing those they support can be highly complex. They therefore work with the individual to develop tailored support plans which ensure those needs are fully met. For some people, this could mean help with benefits, bills and budgeting. For others the main difficulties may be around mental health, alcoholism or drugs. Yet others might need help to settle into a new area and navigate systems, structures and a language they don't understand.
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
- Membership of the Westfield healthcare scheme
- 28 days annual leave (pro rata) plus statutory bank holidays.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company