Responsible for maintaining cold header tooling, assembling and machining this tooling to produce parts meeting customer specifications, while pursuing continual improvement and achievement of established Company goals.
• Adhere to all Company policies, procedures, and rules.
• Promote a safety awareness and commitment at all times.
• Maintain confidentiality of information received, created, or processed.
• Perform quality checks to ensure tooling produces parts that meet customer specifications.
• Perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
• Report issues (concerns, irregularities) to supervisor regarding machinery, safety, production, quality, and variances in meeting setup.
• Maintain 5S cleanliness standard in work area.
• Accurately fill out applicable quality-related forms.
• Verify next job schedule and prepare tooling prior to set up start.
• Inspect and measure tools to ensure customer specifications are met and maintained.
• Set up and operate machines, such as Lathes, Bridgeport, surface grinders, and tool grinders to cut and shape tools.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or Leadperson.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
High school diploma or GED; and 1-4 years toolmaking experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Abilities and Skills:
• Use hand tools
• Read and use micrometer
• Read a dial caliper
• Use comparator
• Time management skills
• Effective communication skills
• Lean Manufacturing experience
• Attention to detail
• Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer such problems to the appropriate individual for decision-making.
• Ability to work with a wide range of personalities in a courteous, effective, and efficient manner, representing in a professional manner.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding in carrying out detailed written or oral instructions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands and reach with hands and arms; frequently stand, talk or hear; occasionally walk, sit, climb, or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; smell. To perform this position the employee must frequently lift and/or move items weighing up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
Hire Authority, LLC has been providing exceptional quality staffing services in Saint Paul MN and the surrounding areas since 2003. Our professionals are confident, compassionate and committed to excellence. We have combined our talents to help you find yours!
The experienced team at Hire Authority, LLC has over 45 years of combined experience in the staffing business. Our business has been built by company referrals and word of mouth. We always take a hands-on approach to the constantly changing needs of manufacturing businesses. We are dedicated to matching the right candidate to the right position.
At Hire Authority, LLC, our mission is to assist employers in obtaining the highest quality employees, both economically and efficiently, by seeking accomplished individuals with a strong desire to succeed.
Our specialty is manufacturing, warehouse, and production such as welders, CNC/Manual Machinist, skilled assembly, etc. But we don't stop there! Here are a few other positions we fill:
*Engineers - Mechanical and Electrical
*Quality Managers/ Inspectors
At Hire Authority LLC. our positions are contract to hire or direct hire opportunities. While on our payroll we offer MEC (Minimum Essential Coverage) also a Health Helper that offers medical, dental, vision, and prescription discount program. We pay the monthly enrollment fee, every month- in order to receive this you must work 30 or more hours a week.
We look forward to hearing from you for your staffing and career needs!
Role: Tool Room Machinist, 1st Shift
Location: North Branch,
Apply for this job now.