Panorama is recruiting for an experienced Admission/Discharge RN!
The Admission/Discharge Nurse is responsible for timely, efficient and welcoming admission into the Panorama Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center. This nurse must have excellent assessment skills, be organized and efficient and most of all, build trust and rapport with residents and their families upon admission.
The schedule for this position is Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12-hour shifts
- Review and assess preadmission inquiries for appropriate placement to the facility
- Perform timely, descriptive and accurate assessments of residents who are admitted to the facility
- Ensure accurate and complete physician admission orders
- Ensure completeness of resident medical chart and flow sheets prior to delivery to nurses station
- Develop superior customer service with resident and next of kin on admission and throughout resident stay
- Actively participate in resident discharge planning and discharge residents back to into the community or other care settings
- Assist in creating a "survey ready" atmosphere each day
- Be familiar and confident in all areas of regulatory compliance and documentation requirements
- High school diploma/GED
- Active Washington RN license
- Long term care experience
By definition, Panorama is a not-for-profit continuing care retirement community. It is 140 acres of natural landscape with homes of all varieties surrounded by mature trees and flowers. But, to those who truly know Panorama, it is family. It is peace of mind, camaraderie, and a shared purpose. It is home.
We consider it an honor whenever someone chooses to live at Panorama. These people have lived extraordinary lives, building families and careers, and contributing to their communities. Those who live at Panorama are inventors, artists, doctors, homemakers, and teachers, to name a few. They bring with them their talents, experience and knowledge, choosing to share it with us. In turn, we provide a place to call home and a canvas for their last chapter. As honored guests in their home, we get to be a part of their journey.
These 1,200 residents are the heart of our community. They are our citizens and the people we serve. But as we know, community involves many parts and each part must perform its function for it to work. It takes the focused attention and compassion of our staff and contractors, local businesses, and the emergency and health care services for Panorama to flourish. Even more so, it takes residents that are ready to contribute and give of themselves. This is often in the form of volunteer hours, leadership of a resident organization, support for a friend who lost a spouse, encouragement to a neighbor enduring an illness, or participation in pub trivia on a Friday night. Others, when their bodies become frail, offer companionship and a warm smile. Because of the wisdom gained through their varied and rich life experiences, our residents know the value of human connection and compassion that is found in true community, especially at the stage of life when it matters most.
It is those values that give us purpose, bind us together, and define who we are.
Role: Weekend Admission/Discharge Nurse (RN) - Skilled Nursing Home
Apply for this job now.