We are Medicare certified and Joint Commission accredited home health agency with multiple locations.We seek to hire a registered nurse in the position of Administrator/Director of Clinical Services.
This position offers you the opportunity to use your managerial skills as well as your nursing abilities.
The Administrator/Director of Clinical Services supervises home health services to homebound patients in their place of residence in accordance with attending physician orders and plans of care and strives to provide the highest quality of care. Skilled nursing and other therapeutic services are under the supervision and direction of the Director of Clinical Services. The Director of Clinical Services is available at all times during operating hours (or appoints a similarly qualified alternate) and participates in all activities relevant to professional services furnished, including the development of qualifications and assignment of personnel.
- Registered by the state(s) where currently practicing as a Registered Nurse.
- Three to five years of experience in health care/home care, preferred.
- Two years experience in a supervisory position, preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to apply community health principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Agency policies and procedures.
- Ability to supervise, guide and develop skills and performance of service personnel.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to work with individuals.
- Ability to enlist cooperation of many people in furthering a program.
- Ability to assist in evaluating personnel a minimum of one time per year.
- Monitors probationary period for new employees.
- Ability to deal effectively with high levels of stress.
- Participates in developing standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective service to patients and families. Has joint responsibility with the Administrator for seeing that standards are met.
- Participates in developing objectives for Agency.
- Is responsible for seeing that objectives are implemented.
- Consults with the Administrator to determine a staffing pattern which will accomplish stated objectives and promote maximum level of utilization of health personnel.
- Is responsible for recruiting, hiring, evaluating and terminating service personnel.
- Participates in planning for the orientation of new employees. Conducts selected orientation classes.
- Plans and arranges for consultation needs of staff; prepares and maintains current policies and procedures which meet Medicare, Medicaid, The Joint Commission, state, etc. laws and implements such; revises concurrently.
- Displays a willingness to support the policies and procedures and uses appropriate channels for change of such policies; establishes criteria and procedures for selection, promotion and termination of employment of service personnel.
- Participates in establishing the functions and qualifications for each service position; coordinates interdisciplinary team services:
- Assures ongoing assessment of patient/family needs and implementation of interdisciplinary team plan of care.
- Assures physician approval of plans for continuity of medical care.
- Provides individual or group support concerning job related stress or issues.
- Organizes the Agency to delineate and delegate authority, functional responsibility, lines of relationship and communication to provide safe and therapeutically effective service.
- Participates in coordinating Agency's services with services of other community agencies.
- Serves on utilization review committee.
- Participates in studies and research and other administrative functions as assigned.
- Serves as a role model for all colleagues by setting an example of high standards in dress, conduct, cooperation and job performance.
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information.
- Accepts responsibility for regular attendance and punctuality, fulfills job requirements without regard to time involved.
- Serves as a resource person to employees.
- Develops a cooperative relationship and communicates effectively and professionally with the physicians.
- Investigates and reports any problem relating to patient care or conditions which might harm the patient and/or employee well-being.
- Immediately reports any accident, incident, lost articles or unusual occurrence to the Administrator.
- Attends pertinent continuing education programs other than routine inservices and shares information with staff.
- Works with Administrator in identifying budgetary requirements and determining appropriate use of allocations.
- Monitors equipment for appropriate use and take steps to keep misuse to a minimum.
- Oversees Agency's ongoing performance improvement (PI) program.
- Responsible for overseeing development of indicators with appropriate data collection, aggregation and analysis, taking action and reporting results according to Agency's PI plan.
- Plans and supervises the Agency.
- Ensures that patients’ plans of care are developed, implemented and evaluated.
- Conducts monthly patient case conferences, inservices, staff meetings and maintains documentation; participates in community education projects.
- Ensures that all necessary supplies and equipment are available.
- Is normally available at all times during and after operating hours; may designate a qualified temporary replacement if he/she will not be available.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, The Joint Commission, local and Agency policies in all patient care aspects of the Agency.
- Oversees staffing and visit assignments.
- Addresses and corrects all patient concerns.
CAHH offers competitive salary and benefits plus $10000 signing bonus.
Locally owned and operated.
Role: Administrator/Director Of Clinical Services
Apply for this job now.