Michelin Starred Celebrity Chef, Michael Mina looking for an experienced Operations Manager for his Growing Restaurant Empire!
Operating since 2003, Mina Group currently manages more than 40 concepts around the world. At Mina Group, impeccable service is not just our ideal, it is ingrained in everything we do. Rooted deep in our foundation is the concept of Kaizen, the art of making great and lasting change in small steady increments. By embodying our values of adaptability and fluidity, we cultivate a whole new sense of hospitality that is uniquely Mina.
Responsible for assisting with management coverage at all restaurants,
where there is a shortage of management or management transition. Also, coordinates,
supervises, trains, and assists in all operational areas during openings and at existing Mina
Group restaurants. Assists in outlet openings as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Ensure training programs are aligned with company programs.
- Develop and manage training programs for managers and line level employees.
- Develop, manage and maintain training materials.
- Monitor and spot check training programs and syllabi in restaurants.
- Monitor and review testing in restaurants.
- Create and supervise training syllabus for new projects.
- Coordinate training and training needs for new projects.
- A member of the Task Force team during restaurant openings.
- Develop training objectives, strategies and programs.
- Train and monitor managers and chefs on Mina Commandments.
- Train and monitor managers on Weekly Manager Meeting.
- Ensure that all training programs, manuals, tests or other materials are approved by
- and in compliance with hotel partners
- Ensure that Mina maintains compliance with any Union practice or agreements on
- Works in concert with Mina HR and Finance on personnel and financial matters
- Conduct site inspections after visiting restaurants and report to corporate including
- Understanding all partner systems and programs and incorporate into restaurant
- Functions as “Senior Manager” in restaurants that need management coverage and
- are in management transition
- Will be required to execute all functions of a Restaurant Manager while at any Mina
- Group Restaurant.
- Performs all aspects of position with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism,
- teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative
- Ensure that Mina Group standards are executed consistently at all outlets
- Assists all restaurant management teams with all aspects of financial reporting
- Assists outlets with daily labor report
- Assists the Mina Group Director of Operations and Assistant Beverage manager with all
- aspects of inventory efficiency and cost control
- Ensure that all management personnel at the applicable restaurant is fully trained on
- all systems
- Offer positive solutions to problems or issues and provide input to the decision making
- Coordinate schedule and work responsibilities for new managers at assigned
- Completes projects provided by Mina Group Executives in a timely manner
- Assists with coordinating recruitment plans with Mina Group Recruiter and Director of
- Ensures that all operational systems are in place for each restaurant
- Involved with all aspects of restaurant refreshes
- Drives and maintains Mina Group culture in all restaurants
- Participate and coordinate critical path meetings with Mina Group Director of
- Assist in scheduling candidate interviews to ensure that all staffing levels are met
- Assists in reviewing and ensuring that training curriculums are in place and functioning
- at all outlets
- Participates and organizes all training sessions with the direction of Mina Group
- Director of Operations
- Supports and assists staff during service
- Ensures that all service points are consistently met
- Keeps Mina Group Executives abreast of situations
- Fosters team building and diversity at all restaurants
- Ensure adherence to Mina Group and Host Property Policies and Procedures
- Assists with all aspects of the operation at openings at all new Mina group restaurants
- Attends and participates in all Weekly Manager Meetings
- Attends and participates in the Weekly Operations Meeting
- Assists and participates in all daily meetings
- Solicits feedback for personal development
- Will be required to assist and train in existing restaurants at the discretion of Mina
- Acts as Mina Group liaison with hotel partners, department heads while on property
There will be extensive travel required to perform the essential job functions. Travel
requirements will be to the discretion of Mina Group. This includes travel to certain
restaurants for extended periods of time, to assist with manager coverage during transitions
as well as during restaurant openings.
Supervises all FOH line level employees, and assists restaurant management. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three years' experience in the restaurant/hospitality industry.
- Must have a working knowledge of FOH management and operations.
- Must understand standard management and training principles and theories.
- Must understand all health, safety, and sanitation practices.
- Must have strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook
- and Word.
- Four-year College Degree.
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents. Ability to write reports and business
- correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from
- managers, customers and Mina Group Executives.
Powered by JazzHR