Joe Solberg, Inc. provides innovative products and solutions to the Paper Manufacturers and is seeking a Field Services/Sales Technician that will be responsible for service and sales in assigned accounts and will manage quality and consistency of product and services provided in the Louisiana/Arkansas area.
Must live in the Shreveport, LA area or near it.
JSI offers a great benefits package to include Health, Dental and Visions Insurance, Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Company paid Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K (employer matching), Paid Vacation and Holidays.
- Technical Degree or related experience in paper millwright related field
- 5 years' experience in maintenance work/paper millwright field
- Strong mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products and services
- Ability to create and compose written material
- Must be available to work on projects at various paper mill sites throughout the United States
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of design techniques, machines (Specific to Paper Industry), tools, principals involved in precision technical plans, to include knowledge of reading and interpretation of blueprints and drawings
- Physically able to sit for long periods, crouching and standing. Use of hands, ears, arms, legs and voice.
- Required to frequently lift and carry up to 90 lbs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to trouble shoot, and problem solve basic and advanced mechanical problems
- Ability to make reasonable and logical decisions based on rational thought process and common industry methods and procedures
Working Conditions: This position requires significant travel in a vehicle (75%), with overnight stays. Company car provided. Requires working in Paper and Converting Mills, with no air conditioning and loud noise. Requires wearing ear, eye and food protection at all times.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Note: This job description does not list all duties. You will perform other duties as assigned that are consistent with the nature of the job.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with customers
- Inspecting, servicing, and repairing equipment to include training on use of equipment at the customer's facility
- Promote and sell JSI related products and services to all affiliated accounts
- Help develop the best practices. Continually work on processes to find new and better ways to do job that will improve the quality and service we provide to customers.
- To work safely and maintain current safety cards for all paper mills that are serviced
- Present and promote company products and services to current and potential customers, recommend products to customers, based on customer needs and interest.
- Assist customers in problem solving and provide valuable solutions.
- Perform Turn-Up Tape machine installs, audits and tape track adjustments
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including weekly schedule, call reports, field service reports, machine profiles, quote follow-up reports, prepare weekly expense reports; forward to Service Manager
- Communicate new products and service opportunities, special development information or feedback gathered through field activity to Service Manager
- Attend scheduled winder-shut-downs as scheduled by Slitter Solution Coordinator
- Maintain Slitter inventory at each machine and report to Slitter Solution Coordinator, needs to be checked quarterly
- Work on and repair mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Perform Operator Training for Customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Service Manager and President
JSI provides innovative products and solutions for the paper and pulp manufacturers.
Role: Field Service/Sales Paper Millwright Technician
Apply for this job now.