Security & Network Architect
Dell Technologies is a leader in enterprise IT with products in Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (e.g. VxRack and VxRail), Storage products in SAN and NAS space (e.g. VMAX, Isilon, Unity), and Backup and Recovery space (e.g. NetWorker, Avamar, Data Domain) as well as VMware and Pivotal stack serving public and private Cloud providers, Fortune 500 enterprise and mid and SMB segments.
Dell Technologies has an established Managed Service Practice to operate DT products on behalf of the customers with over 1,700 employees in the Data Center space. The Security & Network Architect will help our Managed Services (MS) business to create platforms to support these customers in a custom and industrialized manner. This trusted secure platform will be used to manage the Data Center infrastructure on customer-premise and hybrid cloud.
Common responsibilities of the role include:
- Work with product group to set-up security controls for our delivery platform including code security, infrastructure security, sec ops control etc.
- Work with our product team on the secure network connectivity protocols to enable co-demand network to connect to MS Delivery platform
- Work with corporate cyber security teams to get security sign-off
- Work on writing white papers to communicate to sales and customers in details to establish trust on all aspects including data categorization and security
- Work with our MS platform delivery teams to test new network technologies in the lab for the purpose of:
- people and tools authentication and authorization
- Data Security in transit and at rest using encryption technologies
- Hands on experience to security ops to establish leadership and respect from the MS Platform Ops group
- Deep understanding of L3 LAN, VPN, and other tunneling protocols
- Application and network firewall, IDS technologies, authentication technologies, encryption technologies like PKI, TLS
- Working understanding of Network automation, Machine Learning infrastructure, Integration tools like Boomi
- Understanding of data classification and data security techniques
- Worked in security compliance environment and map design and operations to security controls defined by the various framework
- Experience in designing security compliant network architecture to deliver managed services to customers
- Ability to work with teams to understand use case for human connectivity, automation connectivity, file transfer, API and other connectivity with customers
- Ability to work with technical and product engineering groups for next-gen connectivity architecture
- Scripting capability to scale the network and application discovery process would be a plus
- Good understanding of various infrastructure and application protocols and ways to secure them
- Ability to design the delivery architecture changes and have a discussion with Dell Security and Customer security team for connectivity and adoption of automation
- Roll the sleeves kind of person, self-managed, ability to manage multiple priorities, team player, works well in matrix org, good communication skills and pragmatic
- Typically requires 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
Company Description – Dell Technologies:
With more than 150,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?:
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.