JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
The role holder may manage a small/medium design team. They are a competent design authority on larger or more complex solutions, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business and commercial issues. They identify, design and deliver larger or more complex architectures, strategies and specific solutions.
Responsible for the design and communication of structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. Changes to service, process, organization, operating model and other aspects may be required in addition to technology components, and solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met or, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.Key Accountabilities
• Defines major technical projects for customers or Fujitsu Services, influencing their view of acceptable investment level.
• Determines strategies, architectures and proposals.
• Shapes technical proposals to be acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs.
• May manage a large design team, defining the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, and identifying strategic level risks and remedies.
• Determines the approach to whole classes of business, leading and influencing others in the development of new offerings.
• Works with customers to understand their business strategy and develop IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of their business.
• Manages a team to agree customer requirements and produce the design, setting high level criteria for the design of major solutions and exercising design control over the implementation.
• Communicates the impact of emerging technologies on customer and Fujitsu Services business to senior level customers and Fujitsu Services businesses.
• Shares knowledge with colleagues and makes useful additions to the Fujitsu knowledge base.
The role holder will typically take sole responsibility for Service Management Tools design and costing during a bid, but may manage a small architecture design team. They are a competent design authority on larger or more complex solutions, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business, commercial and security issues. They identify, design and deliver larger or more complex service tools architectures, strategies and specific solutions.
Responsible for the design and communication of architecture designs to enable and guide the development and documentation of integrated solutions of service delivery tools and associated infrastructure that meet current and future business needs. Architectures will cover tools for service desk, system monitoring, patching, asset discovery and other tools that may be required to deliver an efficient managed service. This efficient delivery will normally require tools for the automation of service delivery tasks and the integration of those automation tools to other management tools.
Solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of incident logging) are met, any requirements which are not fully met, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. Solutions will include details of the tools, the cost of the licences and the necessary infrastructure to support them. They will provide comprehensive guidance on the installation and configuration of solution components to ensure that they take account of and are compatible with relevant strategies, policies, standards and practices that exist for Fujitsu and the customer. Key Accountabilities:
Key Performance Indicators
Complete responsibility for service management tools design and cost input to bid qualification and business approval meetings
Designs larger, more complex service management tools solutions and can manage the work of specialists contributing to the design and implementation
Using company prescribed methodologies, produces service designs with risk and cost elements that are accepted by the overall Solution Architect or Project Manager
Shapes service management tools proposals to be commercially acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs
Establishes customer requirements for a solution, building strong relationships and acting as a major influence in the customer choosing Fujitsu
Defines the approach to larger/more complex solution development, build and acceptance testing, producing detailed implementation plans
Manages toolset designs through implementation, without any requirement for significant design changes
Shares knowledge with colleagues and makes useful additions to the Fujitsu knowledge base and knowledge-share events
Represents Fujitsu at customer forums, conferences, and professional bodies to build Fujitsu's reputation in the market place.
Mandatory Requirements: The candidate will be required to hold the relevant level of clearance required by the project or be eligible to obtain the required clearance - SC clearance, as a minimumExperience of service management tools design and implementation for major IT systemsA detailed knowledge of service delivery tools and the associated infrastructure with strong operational understanding of IT operations, service management and service reportingSelf-motivating, objective setting, and with strong negotiating skillsClient-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas to senior executives The ability to express a pragmatic and thorough design, taking into account any conflicting priorities of the business or CustomerThe ability to write coherent, concise, and readable technical documentation, cost models and implementation plansThe ability to hold a large and diverse design team to a single agreed approach, and to ensure that there are no gaps between the various components. Technical Requirements:
- Tangible feedback from customers and/or sales that major technical project definitions have influenced investment decisions. Regularly has technical strategies, architectures and proposals, incorporating trade-offs from the original specification, accepted by the relevant Business Approval review, without any requirement for significant proposal changes.
- Authors design and test documents for large, complex solution developments, incorporating strategic level risks and remedies and manages a large design team to achieve documented handover criteria.
- Can evidence a leading role in the development of new offerings.
- Documented feedback, from customers and/or sales, that IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of the customers' business have been developed as a result of working with the customer to understand their business strategy.
- Authors high level design documents for major solutions, managing design requirements and implementation teams and maintains an audit trail for an effective design control process.
- Delivers presentations and "white papers" on the impact of emerging technologies to senior customer and Fujitsu business representatives.
- Regular contribution to, and user of, company knowledge repositories and events.
Qualification in or experience with Microsoft System Centre, CA Service Desk and automation tools
Qualification in or experience with Windows Server, Linux Server, VMWare and SQL databases
Experience of cost modelling and planning toolset implementations
Experience of writing bid proposals and presenting solutions to customers
Experience documenting High Level Designs, Low Level Designs and implementation guides
Role: Lead Enterprise Management Architect - Bids
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: basingstoke, england, england
Apply for this job now.