An exciting opportunity to join a secondary school in Newport, providing Maths intervention and 1:1 support for pupils struggling to reach their target grades.
- Maths Intervention Tutor
- Required ASAP from September 2021 on an ongoing basis
- Full-time, mixture of online and in school lessons
- Competitive rates of pay per hour (£10 -£15), depending on previous experience
- Working in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
The incoming Maths Intervention tutor will be expected to plan, prepare and deliver targeted interventions for identified pupils. It will be important to monitor and assess their attainment and development in order to report this back to senior leadership. You will work very closely with the head of department to ensure the lessons are engaging and pupils are making the expected progress. The pupils have been identified as needing catch up and booster sessions because of the impact the pandemic has had on their learning.
As a maths tutor in this secondary school you can expect to work alongside some pupils who have additional learning needs such as dyslexia and dyspraxia. The successful candidate should tailor their intervention sessions for these specific pupils needs.
- have experience within Maths (tutoring, degree, work) and at least 6 months experience providing tuition/intervention previously
- Enhanced child only DBS - full assistance provided
- Registration with the education workforce council - full assistance provided
- 2 most recent references
The school is easily accessible via the M4 from surrounding areas. The school can also be accessed via public transport from neighbouring areas such as Cardiff and Cwmbran.
For immediate consideration please submit a full CV below. For any further information contact the Newport Secondary Office;