FBRC is seeking a full-time Prevention Specialist to work with youth in local schools to prevent substance abuse. This position requires some experience working with youth and prefers a knowledge of youth substance abuse prevention. This job requires working with ELEMENTARY SCHOOL children
I. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Working under the direct supervision of the Prevention Program Director the Prevention Specialist provides the six CSAP Strategies:
Problem ID & Referral
to students in Fort Bend County schools. To accomplish this, the specialist will work 100% of their time in FBRC's Prevention Services Department.
This position requires a Certified Prevention Specialist or an Associate Prevention Specialist designation or the commitment to obtain this credential beginning immediately upon hire. FBRC highly prefers a Bachelor's Degree and experience working with youth or in a school environment.
II. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducting curriculum based prevention education and skills training for children and/or teens in his/her assigned schools. This requires the ability to speak in a classroom.
• Coordinating and implementing community and school based prevention activities for youth including FBRC's summer programs.
• Completing client risk and protective factor assessments.
• Providing appropriate referrals to community services.
• Maintaining and submitting correct, complete and timely documentation/ reporting of all required paperwork, record keeping, and statistical data related to service provision.
• Conducting educational prevention presentations in schools and the community
• Remain active in community coalitions
This position will work mostly in schools but will represent a private not for profit organization.
This is a day time job but may require occasional weekends and evenings.
The Fort Bend Regional Council on Substance Abuse, Inc. (FBRC) is a dynamic organization that began in Rosenberg, Texas in 1976. FBRC provides Fort Bend County with youth substance abuse prevention programs, special events, education, counseling and summer leadership programs. FBRC offers our community an adult substance abuse treatment program. One of the agency's newest initiatives is coalition work, this enhanced collaborative focus has resulted in The Fort Bend Community Prevention Coalition , a program of FBRC. This initiative is focused on creating and sustaining environmental investments that protect young people in the community from substance use. Our Mission is: Providing families and individuals substance abuse prevention, education, and treatment services they need for positive change for themselves and the community. FBRC is licensed and funded by the Texas Department of State Health Services and is a United Way agency. Programs are supported by grants, contracts, program fees, fundraising and private donations. FBRC operates on a sliding scale fee basis. No one is denied services based solely on their inability to pay.
Role: Prevention Specialist
Location: Fort Bend County,
Apply for this job now.