Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. As former hourly workers ourselves, we get the struggles teams face and build our products with empathy to banish paperwork and time consuming daily tasks (like scheduling, timesheet management, or team messaging). Today, more than 75,000 local businesses rely on our collective data and expertise to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pockets. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are just getting started. The team brings local business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
The Technical Recruiter provides strategic recruiting support to Homebase managers and is responsible for leading the recruiting process by proactively sourcing, screening, and providing their managers qualified pre-screened candidates with a high degree of customer service. This includes but not limited to:
- Meeting with hiring managers to obtain a strong understanding of their business and workforce needs
- Use multiple sourcing channels to find the best talent
- Maintaining a pipeline of qualified, pre-screened candidates
- Providing managers with detailed information on sourcing options, recruiting process, legal guidelines and compliance
- Provide an excellent candidate experience
- Concentrate on creating strategic plans for sourcing candidates with diverse backgrounds for each of your roles
The Technical Recruiter position is a unique opportunity to be a founding member of the Homebase Recruiting team. This is an exciting time as we are building out the Recruiting function so that we can support Homebase as it scales rapidly. It is expected that you will grow with Homebase and play a key role in building out the Recruiting function.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with deep knowledge of technical recruiting. You will be an advocate for candidates, from first contact through onboarding. We are looking for someone who has worked in a fast-paced environment, craves ownership and responsibility, is attentive to details, eager to design and drive processes, is experienced with recruiting systems and sourcing tools, has exceptional verbal and written communication skills and works well cross-functionally. But most importantly, we want someone who loves people, loves being part of a team and understands that work is more than just a job. It's up to us to make it great together!
You can expect high impact and wide-ranging responsibility: owning full-cycle recruiting, driving hiring strategy, and delivering best-in-class candidate experience. You must be a builder who thrives in a learning environment—unafraid to try new things, embrace new ideas, and welcome suggestions for how we can iterate on our processes.
- Full-cycle technical recruiting with a focus on engineering, product, and QA
- Proactively partner with hiring managers to identify workforce needs, job specifications and duties, and develop a sourcing strategy to source and pre-qualify potential candidates
- Review requisition descriptions for accuracy and post to all applicable websites
- Source and screen candidates per requisition requirements
- Work closely with Hiring Managers to interview candidates as quickly as possible
- Thoroughly reference check all candidates prior to offer
- Partner with the People Ops team to ensure equitable offers
- Ensure compliance with Homebase policies and procedures
- Train managers on the recruiting process and share updates as applicable
- Track and analyze metrics and report on hiring progress to business leadership on a regular cadence
- 4+ years of full-cycle technical recruiting experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- 2+ years of in house recruiting experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency using LinkedIn Recruiter
- Experience with Greenhouse ATS preferred
- Understanding of immigration and employment visas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Top-notch organizational skills and a demonstrated agility, effectiveness, and comfort with prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Respectful and discreet with maintaining confidential data
What We Can Offer You
- The Best Equipment Available
- Generous accrued PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee 401k with 4% company match
- Stock Options - Everyone is an owner
- Fun Team Activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Homebase is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.