Are you looking for a new import / export administrator position within a business experiencing rapid expansion?
A leading food manufacturer is looking to add an Import / Export Administrator to their well established team.
- Preparation and processing of paperwork for international shipments; including despatch notes, commercial invoices, customs and other shipping documentation required to facilitate timely and accurate despatch of customer and supplier shipments in line with the company processes and in accordance with current legislation.
- Preparing shipping and customs documentation in compliance with legal obligations; applying for export licences and checking that they are correct; ensuring that paperwork for shipments is complete and correct prior to dispatch; filing paperwork; and maintaining records in readiness for audits.
- Checking customs documentation such as import/export declarations, resolving queries and ensuring records are accurate and up to date.
- Filing of all shipping documentation.
- Receiving customer orders; comparing with quotations; working with other departments to resolve queries; and preparing and sending sales acknowledgments to customers whilst also adhering to company policies and legal requirements.
- Assisting with compliance procedures.
- Liaising with freight forwarders and carriers to book shipments in line with internal procedures.
- Analyzing and optimizing logistical procedures.
- Monitoring shipments, timelines, and productivity.
- Addressing and resolving shipment and inventory issues.
- Communicate and inform the customer about the shipment progress.
- Review freight costs and transportation rates to keep costs down where possible.
- 2+ years experience in import / export / freight administration or substantially similar role
- Export experience or knowledge of preparing shipping paperwork and dealing with couriers
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to understand and follow company procedures and processes
- Monday - Friday (08:00-17:00)
Please apply today to be immediately considered & contacted for this excellent career opportunity.