COMPANY: APEX SYSTEMS, INC
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Job Description Job #:
Manufacturer of sauces, salad dressings, soups, and dips is searching for a QA Technicianto join their winning team! Job Summary
Performs inspections, checks, tests and sampling product and new product incoming materials used in the manufacture of company food products. Perform review of finish product and enforces all quality and food safe programs. Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Perform the pre operational inspection daily of the facility and document the inspection
- Verifies the required strength of the sanitizer used in the mats and on floor
- Calibrate instruments daily such as thermometers, pH's, Scales, Brix meter
- Check label for correct code, product size, clarity, product, and customer
- Set up the line checks for the day
- Pull out retention samples for comparison of product in lab
- Check product made for acid, salt, pH, brix and viscosity. Compare to last sample made for color, taste and texture
- Checks supplies and chemicals and order when low
- Ensure personnel are wearing gloves, hairnets, lab coats, and ear plugs
- Ensure personnel have no jewelry, wash their hands before going to their work stations, are not eating food or drinking and are not chewing gum.
- Take labels, line checks, and all necessary equipment for the day to the QA station and/or cold room.
- Check and record cooler temperature, twice a day
- Put labels on pouches that will be needed for retention samples.
- When running hot product that goes in ice for cooling, keep a log of the cooling temperatures until 40 degrees is reached
- Once a week verify that department supervisor is checking batcher's knives in Hot Pack and Cold Pack
- Check in and out knives from batchers daily
- Work with pest control and check mouse traps and fly lights
- Startup lines: check metal detector, ensure code is correct and correct product name and customer's name. Check seals, check weights and easy open when product is 10 oz. or less. Collect retention sample
- Ensure label ingredients match the labels on the pouch and all allergens are listed in bold letters below the ingredients
- When running a product under pH control put on hold and log in hold book
- Verify supervisor is checking the vegetable wash ppm
- Make labels for products and provide supervisor with master label.
- Input case counts into batch log
- Print formulas for cold pack
- Relieve QA for breaks (on line checks or in the lab)
- Clean retention samples in cooler
- Do monthly monitoring report for glass and hard plastic
- Review post sanitation checks
- Check partials for re-work daily
- Ensure all product is on a pallet or tray-off the floor
- Ensure no contamination from not wearing gloves or not changing gloves after picking something up from floor, etc
- Calibrate viscometers weekly
- Collect samples to be sent out for micro testing.
- Record all holds in the hold log book. Keep Hold log book updated with release dates.
- High School or GED equivalent
- Proficient in verbal and written English skills
- Previous food manufacturing experience is desired
- A minimum of 1years of previous QA or QC experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178. - provided by Dice