Company: HUMAN CAPITAL PARTNERS LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
An acquisitive Private Equity backed professional services company with offices in Leicester and St Ives seek a Commercial Finance Director. Reporting to the Group Finance Director the successful candidate will lead a team of Business Partners to deliver commercial analysis for the Group. The Commercial Finance function will own all significant analysis on the past, present and future performance of the Group.
As well as owning the annual budgeting process, this role will be responsible for providing financial decision support to the business through robust historical analysis and appropriate scenario planning.
- Budgeting, forecasting, tracking performance, performing reviews and analysis. This analysis will cover both financial and operational metrics across all Group activity (i.e. covering both revenue-generating Business Units and Head Office functions)
- Analysis of business proposals to determine effectiveness and assist decision-making.
- Drive improvements in shareholder value (both profit improvement and utilisation of capital) through continuous challenge of and partnering with, the Group’s commercial functions.
- Production of periodic (chiefly weekly) KPI reports, analysing and providing supporting commentary upon key metrics across the Group.
- Develop financial models, reports, and analysis to deliver insight.
- Develop a multi-year business plan alongside the senior management team and PE owners, to visualise the Group’s key medium-term strategic aims
- Manage a team of Business partners to work alongside each significant Business Unit / Group function to help identify business trends and provide insight to enhance performance and profitability, including tracking variances, risks and opportunities as well as developing the annual budget.
- Create effective and credible partnerships with commercial functions across the Group, by working collaboratively to support and challenge stakeholders in all areas of financial and commercial activity including budgeting, forecasting and scenario analysis.
- Producing analysis and accompanying communication to inform internal and external shareholders across the Group.
- Involvement in negotiation with suppliers to ensure profitability is optimised.
- Liaison with our private equity owners to ensure their reporting requirements are being adequately served.
- Ad hoc projects which will require financial support from time to time (e.g M&A activity, Group-integration).
Skills, qualifications, and experience required:
- CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CFA or MBA qualified
- Experience of leading a commercial finance function
- Exceptional communication skills and stakeholder management experience
- An ability to identify the key financial and operational metrics which drive performance
- Strong analytical capability
- Experience of communicating with external stakeholders including banks and investors