Middle School Teacher Job Description
General Education Illuminator Grades6 -8 #removed# School Year
We are on a mission to recruit, develop, and retain outstanding educators. Research, along with our professional experiences with teachers and students, reveals the indisputable impact a highly qualified teacher has on student achievement. Quality teachers are the key to the success of our students and they are the foundation of our entire educational community. Our goal is to employ the finest educators from around the country, provide them with excellent professional development and career support, and, together, create opportunities that inspire us all.
Capital Prep Schools mission is to provide historically disadvantaged students with the college and career-readiness skills needed to become responsible and engaged citizens for social justice.
Capital Preparatory Schools seeks passionate educators to join our community for the 2018-19 academic year.
At Capital Prep, we love teachers and refer to them as Illuminators. Each of our Illuminators are dedicated to providing students with an enriching and invigorating educational experience. With a focus on academic rigor and achievement, we expect our staff to collaborate, problem-solve, and commit 100% to our students' success.
Capital Prep Illuminators will report directly with students who have Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and also students in need of academic intervention.
Our illuminator's are committed to teaching and learning that promotes the success of every student and work closely with the Capital Prep team in:
- Creating a safe and enjoyable educational environment that encompasses our social justice model and that ensures every graduate moves on to attend college;
- Providing individualized instruction and enrichment opportunities for students to ensure that gifted students are challenged and struggling students are supported;
- Hiring and growing quality teachers and leaders and empowering them to use their craft to inspire students to achieve at the highest levels.
Teacher responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Student achievement and culture building
- Create a safe, effective, student-centered learning environment that fosters student curiosity;
- Motivate students to put forth their best efforts in academics, athletics, activities, and personal conduct;
- Support students to recognize their full potential in all areas of human development;
- Build a bridge of communication and involvement with parents, families, and community leaders;
- Analyze data and use it to inform and drive instruction.
Professional development and learning
- Attend all professional development trainings, data team meetings, and curriculum meetings;
- Collaborate with peers and school leaders to improve instructional strategies, school climate, and leadership skills;
- Participate in professional trainings to enhance knowledge as well as educational and leadership capabilities.
- Team player and life-long learner
- Receptive to ongoing feedback
- Exemplary professional values
- Two years of teaching experience (preferred)
- Experience in analyzing data to drive instruction
- Commitment to student engagement and student success
- Bachelor degree, Graduate degree (preferred)
- NYS Teaching Certification (preferred)
About Capital Prep Schools:
Capital Preparatory Schools is a charter school management organization operating a network of educational communities. Our mission is to build a path where there was none. From its inception, the Capital Prep community—our students, parents, faculty, and staff—have come together to create a compelling and meaningful educational experience. The Capital Preparatory Schools, located in Bridgeport, Connecticut “CPREP Harbor”, Harlem, NY “CPREP Harlem” and Bronx, NY "CPRP Bronx provides students in grades K-12 with a year-round, college-preparatory education that encourages students to become scholars and agents of change.