“We are proud to have been doing business the right way since 1925. If you're wanting to join a well-established company that values its employees and works on innovative, difference-making projects, you're in the right place.”
- David A. Allsbrook, PE, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
Volkert—a Top 100 design firm—is committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service:
Design + Engineering
Planning + Environmental
Program + Construction Management
Volkert is searching for temporary Construction Technicians to support our Carolinas region.
Are we the road to your future?
What you'll be doing:
- Inspection for compliance with contract documents, standards, and specifications
- Testing of materials; review of plans; analysis of engineering-related data; and construction survey/layout.
- Keeping daily diaries on project operations, resolves daily constructability issues and trouble shoots problems to mitigate delays to contractor's progress
- Monitors contractor's daily operations and performs and/or reviews test reports to ensure that all work and materials conform to specifications, plans and contractual provisions. Also monitors utility relocation efforts by inspecting and tracking relocation work
- Documenting pay records, performing construction calculation, and computer/iPad entry
- Anticipates contractual problems and advises supervisor of the need for plan revisions, supplemental agreements, or other contract adjustments to improve safety, timely delivery and/or quality of delivered product.
- Perform acceptance testing of materials in a laboratory environment and inputs test results into various computer data bases.
What you need to have:
- Associate's degree in an applicable area of Engineering Technology, Survey Technology or a related curriculum from an appropriately accredited institution is preferred
- 0-2 years of progressive inspection level experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as required
- Must apply safety philosophy and program to all operations.
To be a successful Volkert Construction Technician, you must possess the following characteristics:
- Be a Brand Ambassador for the company who engages in diversity and inclusion
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively--verbal and written
If you share our passion to serve clients, the public, our employees, constituents, and our profession, we invite you to apply!
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.