Hobson Prior are looking for a Head of Marketing to join a drug discovery and development company who concentrates on developing antibody-based drugs for the treatment of inflammatory diseases, immune-related disorders and cancer. This is a permanent position based in Basel.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- Provide strategic commercial leadership for pipeline product candidates in early and mid stage development as well as potential new indications.
- Lead Global Product Team cross-functional meetings and communicate recommendations to executive leadership.
- Lead the development of target product profiles (TPPs) and target product claims (TPCs) for new indications, based on thorough understanding of the science, market dynamics, and future trends.
- Develop and communicate understanding of treatment protocols, level of unmet needs, patient segments, and competitive pipeline in order to identify targeted product concepts and product profiles.
- Direct strategic commercial projects to advise clinical development and commercialization plans.
- Be accountable for commercial forecasts / business case development and manage team developing commercial insights and analytical support for commercial assessments.
- Liaise extensively with internal and external specialists to gain insights and find opportunities for early stage programs, pathways, and treatment approaches.
- Translate insights from scientific leaders into meaningful product or disease area strategies.
- Partner with leaders from Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Program Development, Statistics, Regulatory, Legal and Commercial Leadership to develop product development and lifecycle management strategy that optimize value, time, resources, risk, and alignment with business objectives.
- Represent commercial in product improvements such as dosing frequency, delivery systems, formulation, etc.
- Implement product development and lifecycle management plans for pre and post launch.
- Forward thinker, strong leadership skills, results oriented, organized self-starter able to manage multiple priorities.
- Outstanding track record of strong communication, presentation, analytic and strategic capabilities.
- 15+ years of progressive related industry experience; 13+ years of pharmaceutical biotech marketing / strategy experience.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience in U.S. and Global Pharma marketing, including launch experience; project management skills required.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with research and development team members and act as commercial point person in pre-launch and launch situations, with in depth knowledge of global marketing, early and late stage drug development, and biologic drug development.
- Ability to partner effectively with regional commercial leadership/teams.
- Ability to collaborate, manage vendors and budgets.
- Prior launch experience required.
- Prior experience in new product development .
- Ability to travel 40% of the time (including weekend travel, as needed).
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.