Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant
**Huddersfield Specialist School Setting**
£70 - £85 per day dependant on experience
Salary is dependant on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is relevant experience in the past few years working with children or young people, so Vision can obtain recent references.
Vision for Education are currently working with a Special Educational Needs setting who are looking for a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant to join their setting in Huddersfield. This position is working full time as a Teaching Assistant to support primary and secondary aged children who display challenging behaviours and special educational needs. The ideal candidate will have experience working with vulnerable children / challenging young people or a similar setting. You must be enthusiastic and have the ability to build a rapport with students, be resilient, flexible and be able to think fast on your feet to adapt to challenging situations.
This SEND Setting caters for students who are not in a mainstream educational setting and require extra support in their daily school routine. Team teach is desirable for this Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant role however not essential as we can offer full training FREE OF CHARGE.
The desirable Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant will be prepared to complete essential training prior to starting in this setting. This particular position is to start after Easter 2021 on full time basis however there could potentially be the option of being part time. Team Teach training is advantageous.
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts.
As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Special Needs Teaching Assistant, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
If you are a passionate Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
How to apply
Apply today for this Special Needs Teaching Assistant role or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Specialist SEND team, at the Huddersfield branch today.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video