The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the apartment community in an excellent condition by executing a preventative maintenance schedule, resident Service Requests, capital replacements, and special projects.
This is a full-time position (8:30am to 5:00pm -- 40 hour per week) and may have some emergency on-call responsibilities.
*Execute general maintenance repairs and replacements in vacant and occupied apartments, common areas, and to mechanical systems.
*Execute general maintenance on building exteriors and grounds of the apartment community.
*Assist with the administration of the maintenance efforts by detailing executed work on Service Requests and reviewing reports with the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager.
*Organizing and coordinating material and part orders.
*Assist with supervision and quality control of contractors.
*Comply with and assist in enforcement of safety procedures.
*Address emergency on-call maintenance requests when scheduled.
*Assist in supporting all day-to-day property management activities.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Prior experience working at an apartment community is desired but not mandatory.
1. Plumbing: includes the repair, replacement or installation of faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, and washing machines.
2. Electrical: includes the repair, replacement or installation of power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, and garage doors openers.
3. Drywall repair: includes filling in small holes caused by nails and minor dings from normal wear and tearmost commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy.
4. Painting: includes minor touch-ups following damage repair and new coats of paint applied to unit walls between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy.
5. Appliance repair: includes the repair, replacement or installation of major household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners.
6. Grounds keeping: includes mowing grass, pulling weeds, trimming and pruning trees and shrubs, watering lawns and plants, replacing light bulbs along pathways and parking areas, sweeping or raking leaves, and tidying up bark or other ground covering.
7. Cleaning/housekeeping: includes maintaining a tidy appearance in shared community locations, such as the leasing office lobby, clubhouses, and fitness or recreational areasalso includes cleaning fixtures, floors and other surfaces in vacated units before new renters assume occupancy.
8. Snow removal: includes shoveling, blowing or plowing snow away from covered walkways and driveways, and laying down rock salt atop icy surfaces to prevent slipping.
9. Customer service: includes professional, prompt and courteous correspondence with renters when scheduling and providing maintenance services, and with contracted vendors that provide additional facility services.
10. Time management: includes maintaining an organized scheduling and tracking system, usually on a computer, to effectively complete all maintenance requests in a timely manner and in the order by which they were received or by level of urgency.
Role: Apartment Maintenance Technician
Apply for this job now.