The Montefiore Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a surgical ward nurse to join our experienced and dynamic team. Working with a wide variety of specialisms you will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment.
Spire Montefiore Hospital in Hove is rated "Outstanding" by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We practice some of the most advanced treatments on the latest generation imaging, and diagnostic technology. This means we can offer everything from screening and rehabilitation through to leading-edge surgical procedures and excellence in specialist fields like orthopaedics, cardiology and general surgery all delivered through our expert and caring clinical team. The hospital is well positioned to maximise the excellent local public transport. There are buses that stop in the vicinity and is also walking distance of both Hove and Brighton train station
Duties and responsibilities
- Assess patients' health and wellbeing across a complex and changing caseload
- Assist in the delivery of care to meet individuals' health and wellbeing needs
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information
- Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others
- Promote best practice in health and safety and security
- Assist in maintaining and developing services
Who we're looking for
- Current NMC registration with no restrictions on practise
- Evidence of continuous professional development, with a good understanding of NMC Code of Professional Conduct and revalidation.
- Good knowledge and experience in surgical nursing and good communication skills
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please email Sherine Lowers @ [... Click Apply...] For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.