Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Summary of Job:
Responsible for assisting guests with boot selection, proper fit, stance, balancing, alignment and custom footbeds. Describes and promotes products in line with customers’ expressed needs. Places guests in properly fitting demo equipment. Conducts inventory of demo equipment. Performs in-depth boot analysis and work. Demonstrates high level of product knowledge. Prior experience, skills, and training are required to perform successfully at this level. May train new and existing associate positions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serve customers by developing a rapport, building customer confidence, providing accurate information, and promoting product through point of sale
- Properly identify customer riding ability, have general understanding of basic foot identification and measurements (length, width, overall shape, size, etc.)
- Demonstrate knowledge of products and inventory to ensure customer satisfaction
- Communicate effectively with customers, teach as well as listen on all levels
- Responsible for increasing sales, units per transaction, transaction size and high levels of profitability
- Serve as a resource and knowledge base for new and existing employees
- Education: HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Work Experience: At least one year relevant work experience required
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills with ability to learn
- Language Skills: English fluency required
- Other Requirements: Excellent customer service skills; Ability to handle multiple customers and projects at one time; Attention to detail.
- Preferred Skills: Basic math skills; Bootfitter certification
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. #removed#
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 179449