Location: Multiple Locations - Chicago, Los Angeles & Dallas
The Purpose of Your Role:
We are seeking a Sales Consultant to join our Advisor Channel Services Team. This position will serve as an external liaison with Sentinel Benefits Group, the Record-Keeping & Administration business of Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group. The primary responsibility of this role is to drive new sales through the wholesaling of our bundled retirement plan Record-Keeping and Administration services through independent financial advisors. Filling this critical role is an integral part of Sentinel Benefits growth plan.
Sentinel Benefits Group & Financial Group has an excellent reputation, but it is not a national brand and it's sister company group, Sentinel Pension Partners is a Northeast based Retirement Plan Advisory firm. To b successful in this role, you will need to bring a superior knowledge of our products and services and have the ability to highlight our competitive advantages in order to educate prospects on why Sentinel is a better choice than more recognized brands along with articulating why our Advisory business will not cause any concerns with our independent advisor Partners.
The Expertise we're looking for:
- Establishing trusted relationships with independent financial advisors with the goal of earning their retirement plan business.
- Extensive , in-depth ERISA and plan design knowledge
- Ability to discuss industry trends
- Active listener and the ability to provide solutions to Advisors
The Behaviors thatyou bring:
- Integrity - Your customer-centric attitude and commitment to doing what is right for our clients
- Expertise - You are a team player and continuous learner. You share your knowledge with the team, embrace new learning opportunities, and search for ways to improve our operations
- Empowerment - You demonstrate organizational skills, the ability to manage priorities, deadlines, and troubleshoot issues independently
- Excellence - Your communication skills allow you to communicate effectively with clients and internal team members
- Innovation - You learn quickly, collaborate with others, and share your ideas for improving our service
The Excellence you deliver:
- Easily establish relationships with Sentinel Associates across the organization to understand the products and services/solutions Sentinel offers its clients
- Build the business by establishing relationships with prospective Advisors and educate them to understand Sentinel's full range of our capabilities
- Identify business opportunities by qualifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options
- Preparing and analyzing benchmark reports
- Managing investment changes on various trading platforms
- Identify business opportunities for process improvement with in the Advisor Channel Service team
- Work closely with Advisor Channel Service and Sales team with ongoing strategy
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing/participating in professional network associations
We are looking for natural leaders who have outgoing personalities and are not afraid to meet, build, and network relationships. We are looking for innovative thinkers to drive our business forward—someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, drive, determination, and the strength of character to challenge the status quo. Our industry is forever changing and we are looking for someone who is flexible and willing to embrace change.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University
- 3-5 years of sales experience in retirement consulting and wholesaling
- Previous sales and retirement knowledge required
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and follow-up skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and overall ability to learn and use different software packages.
Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group proudly serves more than 3,500 clients throughout the U.S., and for 30 years, we've remained devoted to making a difference in the lives of our people, our clients and our community. With nearly 200 professionals tied to our mission to deliver great service—and a 9-year average associate tenure—we have become the thought leader we are today.
Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place To Work in 2020. Sentinel is also recognized as one of the largest employee benefits firms in Massachusetts (Boston Business Journal), a top 100 retirement plan adviser (PLANADVISER Magazine), and the 2016 recipient of the Best-in-Retirement Business IMPACT Award™ by Charles Schwab, our in-house experts—and their commitment to excellence—define who we are.
Our people care about our organization. We are a company with a mission to be the best in our industry. Being part of this company means that you are part of something special. Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group offers paid vacation, 10 Holidays and 2 floating holiday, company sponsored medical and dental insurance, life insurance, AD&D, short and long‐term disability, 401(k) Plan and free parking. Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR