Cover Supervisor - Secondary
Term Time Only across various Secondary Schools
Oldham and surrounding areas
BOOK A VIDEO INTERVIEW TODAY
The role - Cover supervisors are suitably-trained school staff who supervise pupils carrying out pre-prepared exercises when teaching staff are on short-term absence. The cover supervisor's main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set.
Duties of a Cover Supervisor in Oldham may include:
- supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
- responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures
- collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- reporting back as appropriate using the school's agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
- The role should not require any marking or planning
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this Cover Supervisor position are:
-You will need to have a minimum of 6 weeks of experience within a school environment in order to work with us, ideally within a Secondary School.
-Qualifications you ideally may hold; Any degree or recognised teaching qualification, or; Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools; Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools; Level 3 Certificate in Cover Supervision of Pupils in Schools (City and Guilds or OCR).
-Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of educational professionals.
-Have a passion for working with young people.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package