IMS-Global Gear, a rapidly growing manufacturer/supplier of precision machined components, is looking for a HIGHLY energetic, highly innovative and personable Maintenance Manager to join our TEAM.
Global Gear & Machining offers a compensation packages which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and 401k!
Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
About Global Gear & Machining:
IMS Global Gear & Machining specializes in the contract manufacture of mid to high volume diesel gears, pulleys and precision machined components. IMS Global Gear & Machining is a well-known and proven choice for the design and manufacture of helical and spur gears, assemblies, for engines, pulleys, fuel pumps, auxiliary drives and shaft adaptors.
Apply immediately for this challenging and exciting career opportunity within a growing company with excellent compensation and a great benefits package.
Position Overview: Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings and grounds of establishment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Job Functions
· Formulates and maintains quality objectives complementary to company policies and goals.
· Reviews job orders to determine work priorities based on direct
· Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
· Coordinates activities of workers modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
· Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
· Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff. Maintains on time PM implementation and reports effectiveness.
· Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
· Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
· Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with design engineers.
· Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for maintenance and upkeep of all plant equipment and building facilities.
· Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
· Insures that all plant equipment is operating under proper safety standards.
· Monitors, reports and works to continuously improve machine uptime hour thru predictive and preventive maintenance programs and proper machine repair.
· Prepares department budget and monitors expenditure of funds in budget.
· Oversees and controls effectiveness of contract Janitorial Services.
· Provides best possible support to insure timely repair of all equipment daily scheduled run hours.
· Controls cost associated with overtime, repair and replacement components, oils, chemical, general supplier, etc.
· Maintains and effective maintenance database to record downtime, PM's, repair cost, etc.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Competencies (The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the job successfully.)
Education - Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S) from four-year College or university preferred
Experience/Training - 4 plus years’ experience in Maintenance/Supervisory role.
Computer Skills - Inventory Software and Microsoft Office Suites
*Commensurate with experience
Role: Maintenance Manager
Location: Downers Grove,
Apply for this job now.