TISTA Science and Technology Corporation is seeking a Solutions Architect to join or growing team!
The Solutions Architect will work under limited managerial direction, collaborate with the CMS Product Owner, Service Delivery Team and other subject matter expert staff to provide technical leadership in the design, development, and Implementation of Technical Approach for CMS product.
- Lead and manage the overall design, development, and technical approach/solution for contract initiatives
- Interpret technical requirements and develop solution content for system architecture
- Identify and lead Technical Team(s) with a variety of skill sets in the development of innovative, advanced, differentiated solutions
- Lead/guide Technology professionals (supporting customer projects) in the development of complex solutions and new service offerings
- Develop technology solutions focused on improving efficiency within current projects and develop innovative ideas supporting organic growth
- Develop processes and procedures to control, identify, implement, and maintain processes and tools that streamline Service Delivery from solutions implementation perspective
- Stay current on industry practices and issues, assessing and communicating their potential opportunity for the business
- Support all aspects of the new business development lifecycle with innovative technical ideas, reviews and discussions
- Contribute to the development of best practices and TISTA Intellectual Property implementing best practices
- Business and Technical understanding of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and/or Veterans Affairs (VA) is preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business partners by building personal credibility and trust.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to create, edit, and produce acceptable documents
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational skills and verbal & written communication skills
- Must be able to work and thrive in fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Commitment and adherence to Firm’s Core Values
- Presence in GitHub or any constant engagement with Federal trends and technology trends
- Strong implementation experience in IT Operations; Systems Engineering, or Enterprise Architecture OR strong development background, with knowledge and hands-on experience with technologies including but not limited to: Web Service API, Integration/EAI technologies (e.g., EAI, ESB and related technologies like XML), Database technologies e.g., Oracle, MySQL, JDBC, etc.Working experience in emerging trends and technologies (e.g., Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, Cyber Security), Government mandates, and emerging industry standards
- Expertise in one or more of the following technologies is a plus: Apache Spark, Scala, Python, Java, J2EE, Open source, Linux, ESB, Virtualization, Storage Management, SOA Platform, Application Server (Tomcat), AWS.
- General exposure to security technologies, processes, and concepts such as PKI, SSL, firewalls, NIST 800-53, FIPS-140-2, Authentication & Authorization, Client Certificates, OCSP, etc. is a plus
- Strong knowledge in experience in Data Engineering, Data Science and AWS / Azure experience will have an added advantage
- Knowledge and Experience in SAFe Agile Development Approach, DevOps and ATO process will have an added advantage
- Knowledge of Cerner, Intersystem - Healthshare / HealthConnect is a plus
- Knowledge of government business domain and/or strong commercial solution implementation is preferred. Hands-on experience in solution, technical or information architecture required
- Ability to convert business requirements into logical solution designs
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Computer Science
- 10+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- IT certification (in area of expertise), Enterprise Architecture Certification, Amazon Solution Architect, or TOGAF is a plus
- Certification related to Apache Spark from Databricks is a plus (such as Certified Apache Spark Developer)
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology (IT) and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology's FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
Role: Solution Architect
Apply for this job now.