Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: West Sussex, commutable from: Shoreham, Lancing, Worthing, Littlehampton, Brighton, Hove, Burgess Hill, Horsham, Bognor Regis, Crawley, Haywards Heath etc.
Salary: £35,000-£50,000 + Benefits!
Mechanical Design Engineer to join our client in West Sussex.
Due to continued growth our client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to come and join their business. This is a small family-owned business that has seen huge growth over the last couple years and are well recognised as market leaders.
This business has diversified their product range and with a new project coming in from new markets they are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to be involved with New Product Development as well as make modifications to existing products to achieve certain certifications for new markets.
What is on offer?
- Competitive Salary (£35,000-£50,000)
- 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Insurance
- Flexible Working
What is the role?
In the role of Mechanical Design Engineer, we are looking for an individual with a strong background in material properties, fluid dynamics, heat transfer etc.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Making design changes to the existing product range to meet specific customer requirements.
- Design analysis - run accurate FEA on designs to assess strength and efficiency. This will include structural analysis, fluid dynamics, and thermal dynamics.
- Produce 3D models for customer visualisation as well as for design and marketing purposes.
- New Product Development - research requirements and create new product ideas and ways to improve the design of existing products with consideration to engineering and resources available.
- Manufacturing - communication with the factory to monitor manufacturing and work with the quality team on-site to maintain high standards and achieve on time delivery.
What are we looking for?
To be suitable for the Mechanical Design Engineer role, we are looking for:
- HNC/HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Strong experience of 3D Modelling.
- Strong experience with FEA, Structural Analysis and Thermal/Fluid Dynamics.
- Experience of New Product Development
- Ideally experienced with SolidWorks