Platform Resourcing are working with an established and rapidly expanding engineering company to find a Maintenance Engineer, to join their team in Cwmbran, South Wales.
This role is Days shifts only Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Principal Engineer, they will be working for a rapidly expanding company in a challenging and robust industry. In this role, you will be working on engineering projects relating to new and existing road/rail plant, construction machinery and commercial vehicles.
- Salary up to £18 p/h based on experience
- Hours Mon - Fri 8am to 5pm
- Overtime available
- Workshop/ Office based, no travel
- 20 days holidays plus 8 stats
- Working on engineering projects relating to new and existing plant, rail and construction machinery as well as commercial vehicles
- Assembling machinery
- Reading Technical drawings and schematics
- Fault finding and diagnosis
- Carrying out repairs, services and reactive maintenance
- Performing FMEA and Risk Analysis
- Adhering to compliance guidelines
Essential Skills/ knowledge:
- Qualified in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of Mechanical Maintenance including engines, transmissions, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Basic Electrical Knowledge
- Good understanding of general engineering practices
- Ability to accurately follow defined procedures
- Understanding of the principles of standards compliance
- Full UK drivers licence
- Experience of working with diesel powered, heavy duty off-highway equipment
- Experience of working within the railway or railway maintenance industry
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties' interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited's commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, call before applying.