Our client a leading Line Haul company with the passion for reliable, trustworthy transport. They have been servicing clients across South Africa for the past 36 years, and they have a fantastic opportunity for a Sales Manager to join their dynamic team in Johannesburg. Boasting a Level 2 B-BEE they specialize in local distribution and linehaul contracts.
If you have a solution selling skill set, with the ability to build strategic relations with customers then this role is for you.
- Identify and grow the Linehaul and Local Bulk Haulage revenue with new business accounts within:
- Dedicated local/regional contract
- Localized/regional distribution contracts
- Liquid bulk transport - local and linehaul
- Chemical transport - local and linehaul
- Customer retention
- Building strategic relationships with key customers
- Identify transport market trends and design appropriate strategy for above growth target areas
- Grow business with new clients in line with company strategy
- Maintain a positive relationship with new and existing customers by calling on them as regular basis.
- Apply costing principles with sound commercial and industry knowledge
- Ability to analyze tenders and submit formal proposal and capable in participating in legal contractual space.
- Monthly sales reports
- Logistics/Supply Chain degree or equivalent qualifications.
5 years Sales and sound knowledge of technical aspects of:
- Specialized /Dedicated Distribution Contracts
- Localized distribution contracts
- Chemical tanker transport
- Liquid bulk tankers
- Proven track record of successfully achieving targets
- Strong computer skills
- Strong knowledge of commercial aspects of road transport
- Drafting of proposals, solutions, and contracts
- Engage at executive level
- Self-starter and work unsupervised
- Driver's license and own vehicle
- Willing to work overtime, weekends, and public holidays
- No previous criminal record
- Willing to travel