The Server team member is responsible for receiving, reheating, serving, and or portioning of meals at school sites. The Server position is responsible for providing excellent customer service while interacting with our student & faculty on a day to day basis. Primary responsibilities include providing excellent customer service, greeting students, faculty, assisting school faculty in maintaining orderly student lines and line management, collecting electronic menu options, imputing student orders into computer database, handling and receiving student ID cards, cash, or check, and giving change if necessary. Additional duties entail assisting server team in food management, serving, cleaning up after breakfast and lunch as well as providing necessary feedback to Revolution Foods culinary and School Account Managers regarding necessary equipment, supplies, food as well as relaying all student and school feedback.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Follows and executes Rev Food quality standards for all menu items per approved SOP’s from Executive Chef.
- Ensure food quality standards are followed from delivery to re-therm to presentation of the final product. in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service.
- Ensure HACCP along with State and Govt. guidelines are followed concerning food safety and sanitation.
- Committed to being punctual, adhering to the time and attendance policy.
- Set up and break down of lunch line layout, work at an efficient pace, accuracy at POS and verifying compliance with Government & school compliance and contract regulations.
- Ability to learn and execute the operation of kitchen equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Compliant in a safety first environment while adhering to company developed operational practices, maintaining a clean, organized, hazardous free work station while focusing on sanitation and quality control.
- Establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication with management team members and RF customers.
- Abide by the company “Green” waste, compost and recycling program when available.
- Effectively communicates to Management any issues or concerns that may affect food safety, quality and the student customer experience.
- Supports preventive maintenance on all equipment and advises management when repair or maintenance is needed.
- Records daily events, waste, participation data and variances. Completes daily procedure checklist (cleaning, timeline, logs etc.) observant to the changes in business models and able to communicate those changes.
- Keep students informed of the scheduled menu and new items while looking for ways to increase breakfast participation, Get student customer feedback, (food quality, likes and dislikes) during non-service time (if allowed) and communicate information to management.
- Able to identify and effectively communicate any concerns while being solution oriented with issues that may affect food safety, quality and or the student customer experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned, and follows through on requests asked of management in a timely manner.
- Follows all company policy and procedures as outlined in the Employee handbook.
- 1-3 years customer service experience in a mid-high volume food service facility or Restaurant.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Preferred placement for serv safe food handlers permit holders but not exclude any applicants from applying.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
Founded in 2006, Revolution Foods serves fresh and healthy breakfast, lunch, snack, and supper meals to students in education programs nationwide, where two-thirds of these children are in low-income households. The meals are home-style and based on real food ingredients like whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables. We never use high fructose corn syrup, artificial trans fats, preservatives or anything artificial.
Our thousands of community hired employees are dedicated to our mission; everyone pitches in where needed to make sure the kids we serve get high-quality, healthy meals delivered to their schools each day. Headquartered in Oakland, CA, Revolution Foods serves meals via local culinary centers to metro markets across the nation including California (Northern and Southern), Colorado, Houston (+San Antonio), Mid-Atlantic (D.C., VA, MD, DE), NY Metro Area (PA, NJ, NY, CT) and New Orleans; and we are expanding into new metro markets every year!
Role: School Site Server
Location: South Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.