Sheraton Needham Hotel is seeking -
The Cook II role prepares ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers. Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food. Set-up and break down work station. Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes.
- Serve food (for example, soup, desserts, sides, entrées) in proper portions onto dishes, plates, mugs, and bowls, ensuring proper plate appearance.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served to waiters or patrons, according to standards.
- Ensure food storage areas are clean.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Report maintenance issues immediately to appropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to work under demanding and strenuous situations.
- Food Service Sanitation License highly desired or ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
- Previous experience within a fast-paced kitchen highly desired
- Strong Communication Skills - ability to read/write basic English
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma (or equivalent education/experience)
- 1+ years of experience in a culinary environment required, previous hotel/kitchen experience preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, pull and bend continuously throughout a shift
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO
Waterton is a real estate investor and property management company with a focus on U.S. multifamily apartments and hospitality properties. We are passionate about delivering an incredible Resident Experience, which we believe is made possible by offering an extraordinary experience for our talented associates. We value performance that delivers experiences that exceed expectations, coupled with an unwavering commitment to Investor, Guest, and Resident service excellence. With over 22 years of investment and property management experience, we strive to exemplify what we call Resitality®.
Role: Cook - Sheraton Needham Hotel
Apply for this job now.