BE PART OF THE WORLD'S LEADING LOGISTICS COMPANY!
We invite you to play an important role in delivering quality services and solutions to our customers. At DHL eCommerce, we offer many rewarding opportunities in different functions of our business. Contribute to our success through various exciting career opportunities and be part of the world's leading logistics company.
We have an immediate opening for a 3rd Shift, Full-time Receiver at our Salt Lake City, UT Distribution Center.
Join our team and you can enjoy a Competitive Salary + Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Benefits, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, STD/LTD, Life, Tuition Reimbursement & 401 (k)!
Shift: 3rd , Full-Time + Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Benefits, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, STD/LTD, Life, Tuition Reimbursement & 401 (k)!
The ideal candidate Must know how to operate computers and be good at data entry! Experience on the sit down forklift is a plus!
The Receiver will process incoming mail from customers and other mail facilities while adhering to prescribed intake methods and Standard Operating Procedures for various mail types; may unload, sort and stage products and use forklift and/or order picker.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Successfully complete Forklift Training Certification program
- Unload and load shipments at the dock door using a pallet jack and/or forklift
- Sort and stage products received by mail type
- Check all shipment contents and breaks down the shipment by customer
- Check the invoices against the contents in the shipment
- Seal all open envelopes
- Verify IAC certificates contain proper Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements
- Maintain cleanliness of the receiving work area
- Assist in other areas as needed
- Duties may include reassignment to alternate operational areas as business needs require
- Essential duties are not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented or otherwise revised by DHL at its sole discretion
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School or equivalent training and/or least 6 months related experience preferred
- Ability to speak English
- Read, understand and carry out written instructions; read work orders, tickets, receiving, Bills of Lading (BOLs), graphs, logs, schedules, verify zip code numbers, etc.
- Prepare detailed records or reports such as receiving reports, operating logs, quantities, etc.
- Operate industrial trucks such as forklifts, flat beds
- Frequently stand in a stationary position to receive product and create reports at a standing computer workstation
- Frequently lift, push and pull mail and parcels weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequently communicate with departmental personnel to and ensure receiving standards are met
- This is a warehouse environment where frequently this position will be exposed to cold, hot and changing temperatures; will constantly experience noise at medium level not damaging or loud enough to require protective equipment; will frequently be exposed to dust, dirt and changes in lighting
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DISABILITY / VET
Vision:To become the leading logistics provider in online retailing.
DHL eCommerce is on its way to becoming the preferred partner for shipping solutions nationwide and worldwide. With our innovative shipping solutions, supported by state-of-the-art operations systems, we are redefining residential delivery for both your business and your customers. We provide a full range of domestic and international services for the secure and reliable distribution of mail and parcels. Plus, we offer an expanding range of value-added services.
Domestic Presence: DHL eCommerce offers U.S. businesses the widest range of domestic mail and parcel services through the power of the DHL eCommerces worldwide network. With our strategically located Distribution Centers, we can pick-up, sort and process your shipments and move them efficiently into the mailstream. As a USPS Workshare partner, we are able to offer the final mile delivery to over 152 million addresses.
Global Presence: With direct connections to over 220 countries and territories and 41 processing centers on four continents, we have the worlds largest network for international shipping services today. We provide our cross-border services to top Fortune 500 companies for parcels, business mail, direct mail and publications.
Industries Served: DHL eCommerce handles a wide variety of shipments daily from apparel and electronics to books to DVDs, vitamins, replacement parts and catalogs. Some of the industries we serve are e-commerce, multi-channel retailers, direct marketing, financial, mail and print fulfillment, healthcare, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical, government and manufacturing.
Location: Salt Lake City,
Apply for this job now.