Looked After Children Social Worker in Lancashire.
Are you looking for a new opportunity?
Looked After Children (LAC) Team.
Social Worker required in a busy LAC team based in Blackpool. The team supports children and young people who have a plan of permanence. The applicant needs to demonstrate experience of working with children and young people who are looked after. They need to demonstrate a good understanding of the role of corporate parent and have the ability to write appropriate reports/care plans which reflect the needs of children/young people.
The pay rate for this locum social worker job is £25.02 per hour and is an initial 3-month contract.
Candidates must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Liaising with other clients, agencies and professionals
- Completing work with timescales
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Attending Court
- Working with Public Law Outline (PLO)
- Child protection meetings
- Case conferences
- Attending LAC Reviews
- Effective networking and conflict resolution
- Report writing and written communications
- Prioritising and managing caseloads
- Assessing the needs of, and undertaking direct work with, children and young people.
- Working with parents, families, carers and networks to achieve optimal outcomes for children and young people
- Developing and maintaining, and working collaboratively with, a network of internal and external colleagues
Requirements of the social worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within child services
- 2 years post qualified with experience within local authority child protection teams
Benefits of working with Medicare First:
- Your own personal consultant
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
If this sound like a role for you then please Apply today, alternatively for more information call [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...]
"It is the policy of the company that no person acting on our behalf shall discriminate in any situation against another individual or group, directly or indirectly, because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, sex and sexual orientation. Each individual is assessed on merit alone."