Are you interested in a fulfilling career opportunity where you would spend your days transporting those in need of assistance? Are you dedicated to creating a warm, welcoming and caring environment for those you serve? If so, bring your smile, passion and enthusiasm to Active Day, and consider joining our team in a Driver role!
As an Active Day Driver, you are the first and last employee our members interact with each day. Our drivers operate and maintain mobility buses, providing safe and courteous on- and off-boarding assistance, and timely transport to and from our centers.
Drivers escort members door-to-door, provide transportation for field trips, take members to medical appointments, and run errands for the center, all while maintaining a positive and thoughtful attitude.
Active Day is the nation's leading provider of adult day health services. We provide the highest quality personalized care to seniors and adults with special needs through fun and engaging communities built upon compassion and trust. Our core values include:
- Protecting the safety and health of our members above all else.
- Acting with integrity.
- Being enthusiastic, and providing support and encouragement.
- Listening with open eyes, ears and heart.
- Taking pride in our work and our workplace.
- Treating members like family by showing them we care and we're glad they're here.
If being that person who makes a real difference in the lives of others appeals to you, and you want to be part of a successful team, apply today!Responsibilities
- Assist members with on- and off-boarding and with any special needs during transport. Confirm members are securely fastened in vehicle and transport in a timely manner.
- Conduct daily vehicle inspections and follow prescribed maintenance and fueling schedule; confirm wheelchair lifts and tie down equipment are operating properly. Notify supervisor of mechanical or safety concerns and report repair or service needs as they occur. Maintain vehicle cleanliness.
- Maintain vehicle information, including route, mileage, fuel and service records.
- Communicate in a professional manner with members and their families, co-workers, referral agencies, and the community at large.
- Report issues, concerns or unusual occurrences to the lead driver, transportation coordinator or center director.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, safety and regulatory laws and standards.
- Assist transportation coordinator and/or center director in identifying and implementing operational efficiencies to enhance the member experience.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Prior experience working as a driver preferred but not required.
- Valid driver's license and state/vehicle-specific credentials.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Prior experience working with seniors and/or adults with special needs preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to push, pull, bend, turn, pivot, transfer and lift up to 50 pounds; able to routinely and repeatedly exit and enter the vehicle to assist members with on- and off-boarding.
- Able to pass required physical exams including Department of Transportation (DOT) exam.
- Successful results of background check, motor vehicle report, drug testing and any other state-specific requirements.
- Knowledge of local geographic area preferred.
- Where applicable, certifications such as Passenger Assisted Safety & Sensitivity (PASS) are required and will be facilitated as part of job training.
TalentCare is a data-driven healthcare recruiting firm with clinical and non-clinical positions nationwide. You will hear about exclusive, direct hire job openings that provide you career mobility and growth. With TalentCare on your side, you are:
Matched with jobs based on advanced predictive analytics, so you will fit and perform well
Hired directly by the client company, whether full-time or part-time
Never hounded by other firms about our job openings they are all 100% exclusive
Role: Driver (15776)
Apply for this job now.